TBAC ultra 9 stuck on CB Brake

Jason Elmore

Went shooting today. Pulled my 308 that's been in the safe for a month with TBAC ultra 9 attached out and tried to take the suppressor off. Nothing. Figured what the hell went and shot today and put about 30 rounds through it, tried to take it off after heating it up with a string of 5 or 6 rounds. Nothing. Brought it home had buddy come over and hold rifle while I tried to take it off nothing. Heated it up with a propane torch and tried to take off. Nothing. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas? I'm going to call TBAC tomorrow and see what they say. My next thought is soaking it in penetrating oil but I assume I'd have to dunk the whole can all the way to the barrel which I'm not entirely thrilled about. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've gotten one stuck, but not that hard. I got it warm and popped it off with a strap wrench. It'll be interesting to hear what TBAC recommends.

I'd try kroil or whatever though, its not going to hurt anything.

I just battled a stuck TBAC 7 ultra this past weekend. I tried kroil around the base of the suppressor for a day, did nothing for me. Ended up taking it to my neighbors who had a strap wrench and vise. I sprayed some penetrant, and I don't know what penetrant he had, around the base, put the barrel in his vise wrapped with a leather glove, and used the strap wrench around the suppressor, and while attempting to turn with the strap wrench, I also was whacking the suppressor about an inch from the base with the plastic handle of a large screw driver. Finally broke it lose.

Good luck

Same here. Got my Ultra 7 stuck a few weeks ago. I put some penetrating oil on the back end and let it sit for a few hours, then firmly tapped it around the muzzle brake end with a dead blow hammer. Then used a strap wrench to break it free. Had my father hold the rifle firmly while I used the wrench. Started using some anti seize grease on the threads in the hopes that it never sticks that hard again.