Tasco Scope

fishingdude7

Well, I know you get what you pay for with optics, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used a Tasco 6x24x42 varmit scope before. I was messing around on ebay one day and bid (thinking I wouldnt win) but did win that scope for a lot cheaper than I thought I could. So, I may just sell it back since I havnt used it or anything, unless anyone has had good luck with such a thing. Thanks

If it was junk I would tell you, I had one on a 03A3 Springfield it had been on this rifle for 20+ years
It had taken a beating and stayed together very well. It has never lost its zero at any time or condition..The first thing I did to it, was freeze it into a block if ice for a month, thinking this
$40.00 scope I bought at Meijers would die..but still today it works great! I exchanged it for a Burris and retired it to the 22MAG.
It was good to me!

The older non-chinese made Tasco scopes are tough and hold zero well. Having said that, the only reason I quit using them is because the clarity and light transmission was lacking compared to some scopes with a little higher price tag. I have never used the model of Tasco you have so I can't comment on it's optics, but have heard positive comments from people that have had them. If the glass is satisfactory to you then you have made a really good deal, so don't let the name on it put you off!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.