Tarptent Notch Lithium (SUL tent)

Litehiker

OK gents, here is a very light solo tent (as in 1 lb. 4 oz.). It is a SUL (Super Ultra Light) tent in backpackers terms.

The Notch Li is a double wall tent with a Dyneema fabric fly and either a full netting inner tent or 2/3 ripstop W/netting at the top sides (recommended for hunting purposes). Personally I'd order it with 4 fly hem stake loops to nail it down in the high winds we encounter in the mountains. TT will sew on the loops for you.
When you look at the tent fly ends you can't tell but there are carbon fiber struts sewn into them for support. I have the same thing in my TT Moment DW. They are strong and very light.

Go to the Tarptent website and take a look at the Notch Li. Then sit down before you look at the price. Yes, gentle readers, it is $600. +- but that's the price of ultra light but ultra strong Dyneema fabric. And yes, I know you have a very accurate rifle that costs less, so do I, but hey, I'm just the messenger so don't shoot me.

If you get one of these heavenly tents be sure to PM me. I have a few suggestions to make it even better. Remember, Dyneema is stronger than silnylon, the standard Tarptent fabric. But then at that stratospheric price it should stop bullets.

And if you get the Notch Li remember to leave it to me in your will - jus' sayin'...

Eric B.

P.S. This tent is my "Lottery tent", like a Browning X-Bolt Pro (which i just got) with a MARCH 3 - 24 x 42 FFP (coming summer 2019) scope is my "Lottery rifle/scope combo". A boy can dream - about the scope at least.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.