Tango6 Should I buy?

Preatorian

I I have the opportunity to buy a Sig Tango6 4-24x50 for $1000. I never see that scope or any Sig Scopes mentioned on this site, any input would be helpful.

I I have the opportunity to buy a Sig Tango6 4-24x50 for $1000. I never see that scope or any Sig Scopes mentioned on this site, any input would be helpful.
I've had a Tango4, and 2 Whiskey 5s. I got the 1st Whiskey 5 because the the illumination/focus turret fell off the Tango4 at about a year, and they quickly and mostly painlessly replaced it with a Whiskey 5 (pretty good upgrade at no charge).

Wait...You ask? That's only 1 Whiskey 5...

The illumination/focus turret fell off the replacement W5 about 6 months in...They replaced it quickly and mostly painlessly with a new W5...

I'm about 6 months in on this one...Turrets are still in place.

Both models had excellent features for the price. The W5 might be the "perfect" hunting scope. The level is friggin sweet, the glass is VERY good, and the reticle/turrets are great. As long as nothing falls off...

Regarding the T6, it has essentially the same features/glass as the W5, but with FFP and 6X ratio. Just be aware that it's REALLY heavy, and is a 34 mm body.

Thanks for replying Ent, To be honest I'm not that concerned about the wheight, When I buy an optic scope I usually rely on multiple reviews as far is the functionality goes and if that all checks out then I am concerned about the glass And that's always subjective to the person looking through. I actually have a whiskey 3 And I'm not disappointed for the price point, do you feel the Tango glass is a step above?

I have the 3 X 18 SFP model So far so good? If it lasts it will be a good deal
I got a factory blem it has black specks in the grey finish full warranty Great Flash sale price!! I don't think the specks hurt at all.

I have (4)tango 4's, (2)tango 6's a set of Zulu 9's and a couple of their range finders. Thus far only one casualty and it was due to the obscene recoil of one of my 375 science experiments. Got a return number and the day after it arrived there a new one was on its way back to me.
For that price you can always flip it if you hate it.

nice scope !! i would buy one at full price if the illumination wasnt red ..

it makes no sense why a company that specializes in optics , picks a color that is incompatible with 4-8 percent of the market ... fire the guy who made that decision

What is colour blindness? Colour (color) blindness (colour vision deficiency, or CVD) affects approximately 1 in 12 men (8%) and 1 in 200 women in the world. (about 4.5% of the entire population), most of whom are male.

Last edited:
...then I am concerned about the glass And that's always subjective to the person looking through. I actually have a whiskey 3 And I'm not disappointed for the price point, do you feel the Tango glass is a step above?
I've not looked through the W3 or T6, but according to the very forthcoming and friendly customer service guy I worked with on my first return, the W5 and T6 glass are the absolute top of Sig's line. If the glass on the T6 is as good as the W5, then it is very good. It was noticeably better than the glass in my original Tango4.

One thing I'd keep in mind though, the W3 is a 3X zoom ratio, so "worse" glass can look better, as you're not asking nearly as much performance from it vs a 5X or 6X scope.

I have a Tango 6 4-24 MRAD reticle like the one you purchased. I think it's a nice scope especially for the price they are going for on the used market. The glass is good, but not quite what my AMG glass is. I like the simplicity of the MRAD milling reticle, I wish that leupold would update the TMR to something similar. The internal leveling system is pretty cool but can be annoying.

I don't particularly care for the turret feel. They aren't extremely tactile like I feel my AMG turrets are. But they track great and function just fine.

I bought it purposed for a less expensive match optic, for the price I paid it was in the same $$ range as a PST gen 2 or an XTR 2 and I think it's superior to either of them for my purpose.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.