Talley One Piece ring and base combo

idcwby I have both the Hawkins are far better built, I have them on my 300wm and the Talleys on a Remington 700
7mm mag. I've never had a problem with either but if you had both in your hands at the same time you'd pick the Hawkins every time. The money isn't that far off if you buy the anti cant top for the Talleys. Also if you buy the top separate it's no longer a matched set like the Hawkins!

My 9 lb braked 28 Nosler ate two sets of Talley's before I went back to a good solid rail and quality rings, now the SHV don't move!
Scope mounts are one place not to save weight, if any part between your action and scope moves your sunk, that connection is one of the most important in the whole system, and it's one of the most common issues I see and most easily fixed!

My friend runs steel and aluminum Talleys only. From 223 to 375 Ultra. He has never had any problems. And he shoots his guns, they are not safe queens.

Have used on three rifles for years and never had any breakage or slipping ever. Use blue loctite to make sure screw's stay tight. Did break a burris ring on a 300WSM once however.

Does Seekins offer a one piece ring and base? All that I recall are 1913 rail compatible rings, but I wasn't looking specifically for anything else at the time.

Does Seekins offer a one piece ring and base? All that I recall are 1913 rail compatible rings, but I wasn't looking specifically for anything else at the time.

no they don't but hawkins makes them both ways for pic rail and one piece Talley style. bigNGreen is 100% right. I don't care for talleys anymore due to the major improvement of the hawkins hybrid rings. Hawkins rings are excellent products

My 9 lb braked 28 Nosler ate two sets of Talley's before I went back to a good solid rail and quality rings, now the SHV don't move!
Scope mounts are one place not to save weight, if any part between your action and scope moves your sunk, that connection is one of the most important in the whole system, and it's one of the most common issues I see and most easily fixed!
Although I've never had issues with Talley mounts, I would agree scope mounts are not area to pinch weight or cost!

No hands-on experience on Talleys but I have a 34MM Hawkins and they are built solid. I also have very good experience with Burris XTR sig rings ...

Burris XTR sig rings Med.jpg

I have them on 3 of my magnum LRs without any issues thus far.

Although I've never had issues with Talley mounts, I would agree scope mounts are not area to pinch weight or cost!
I disagree if applied unilaterally. Some rifles only justify lower priced mounting solutions, and some rifles don't need anything more than the lightest mounts.

I disagree if applied unilaterally. Some rifles only justify lower priced mounting solutions, and some rifles don't need anything more than the lightest mounts.
I don't totally disagree, In the past I have experienced some issues (scope sliding) that were hard to diagnose, from experiencing scope issues and to avoid future ones whenever I invest in a new rifle, I'll automatically purchase new mounts. I have a .243 i got a decade ago that still has the original Weaver mounts and a cheap set of rings. Shoots great, no need to switch them out.

I have had talleys on 300rums and never had them slip. They are quality and work great. I use devcon to bed them To the action then a drop of superglue inside the top ring. Lots of rounds thru and zero failures

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.