Talley One Piece ring and base combo

Mram10us

I was out playing with a 6.5-284 hunting setup at 1200-1351 last month. I was shooting 147eldm at 2940fps. I really like the tally ring/base combo for weight and just to minimize things. At 1200, my hst 6-24 was almost maxed out at 9.1 mils (I zero at 300). At 1350, I was having to hold over 2 full mils! All this to say, the talley RB combo is great, but if you plan on shooting further, you might want a different setup.

I love the talley's for simplicity and weight but you are right they aren't as practical for real long range shooting. I use them on shorter range woods rifles and they are my favorites but they would not be my choice for distances you are shooting. Dave

I ran them on a 340 wby for several years with no issues at all. But as mentioned, depending on the cartridge you will probably want something else for real long range if you plan on dialing.

I have them on my 6.5 lbs scoped & slung <300 yards Howa Mini and really like them. I chose them for their minimal weight, which I reduced further with a little underside pocketing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.