talley LW ring bases vs. DNZ one peice

jpeaston

I have a rem 700 Alaskan Ti in 25-06 and am trying to decide on what to use to mount my Leupold VX-3 4-14x40 1 inch tube on. Just wanted to get some expert opinions, thanks in advance.

This rifle is set up to be a light weight backpack rig for the small deer here in
California with some mid range capabilities, 300-600 yards.

Talley LW Long action Low or the DNZ one piece?

Have never tried the DNZ's but we do have the Talleys on two lightweight rifles. One is a 700 in 300 WM and the other is an Abolt II in 270 WSM. They have worked out well on both of these rifles, no complaints.

I installed a set of Talleys on a Weatherby this year. They required a LOT of lapping to get anywhere near where I wanted them. That did not impress me. Otherwise they worked fine.

I found out about the DNZ mount later, and the fact both ends will be aligned no matter what is appealing.

However, I personally prefer the Burris Signature rings.

I have DNZ mounts on 2 AR-15's and I really like them. Lightweight, but very beefy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.