Talley Light-Weight One Piece Mounts

blong

I was considering getting some of the Talley lightweight one-piece mounts for a new rifle. I was curious if anyone here has tried them, and if so, what their thoughts were on them. Thanks in advance!

I tried these on a hard kicking 300 rum with a 4.5-14 nikon buckmaster that slipped in leupold rings. They held the scope fine. Machined nice, light and good alignment.

Litetac

blong... I installed a set of these on a Cooper 21 action to cover up the damage done to the receiver by the windage screws on the Leupold rear mount... don't understand why Cooper still continues to use the Leupold bases after knowing this? oh well, that's beside the point here...the Talleys are pretty impressive for an inexpensive aluminum mount; the one-piece base & lower ring half makes a nifty setup; I actually have some others I intend to install on Rem 700 action; I also recommend the "Darrel Holland" rings of a similar design but much sturdier & also nearly twice the price; Holland also comes only in medium height whereas the Talleys come in L,M,H etc; all in all, I use them & recommend them until you actually have a need for something more expensive, they should do fine... hope this helps... Larry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.