Talley Customer Service

timeless61

I just wanted to share this with people on this site.

Although Talley is not mentioned all that much here.

I had bought a set of Tally light weight rings for a model 700. We lapped and mounted them, got the scope on, I sighted the gun in, that went okay, shot a couple more times, and then, shot again another day, all was well, then after 2 o 3 shots, POI started to change. I checked action screws and such, they are fine, next, the ring screws, each of them was loose, and I tightened them all somewhat, then on one, as soon as I turned it, it stripped the ring.

I called Talley, and told them what happened, they said they would exchange it, I said I did not feel great about aluminum, I have had problems with all 3 aluminum rings I have owned, so I will no longer buy aluminum rings… Anyway, I asked if they can sell me some steel rings and I will pay the difference. They agreed, so I paid for them, and they sent them up. However, they sent me someone else's order. I called the next day, which was Thursday, and I needed the new rings Friday, or I would not be able to shoot over the weekend, and the next weekend (last Saturday) was the start of our rifle bear season. Anyway, I told them they would need to overnight or I would have to cancel the order and just get a refund for the others, that was fine with me whatever they decided. They decided to overnight me the correct rings and bases and included a label to send back the wrong order and the rings that failed on me.

I thought this was a very good choice and response, overnight is pretty expensive, even for small parts. I was impressed, I would not have been surprised if they had just let me cancel the order. Whenever a rifle needs rings within this application, I will use Talley.

I love Talley Rings. I have started putting them on all my sporting guns. Look great on my Cooper JSR.

I love Talley as well. Great CS for me just this month as well. I'm pitching all of my old Leupy bases and rings on all of my 700s and switching to Talley integral mounts. By the way, they don't lap their rings and I told them I did. They said to stick with what I'm comfortable doing, so I lapped all of mine. I have no issue with aluminum mounts so far.

Been using Talley on my sporter weight rifles for years. Steel or the lightweight aluminum, I have been very happy with them. Customer service has always been great as well.

That is good to hear great CS from them is the norm not the exception..

I know most do not have trouble with aluminum rings, maybe I got a bad set?

but I have had trouble with some weaver tacticals, coming loose, that was the bottom to the rail, not the ring itself, and also trouble with some aluminum 22 rings.

maybe somthing was done wrong on them, none have been mounted by me, but still, just bad luck I guess, and given my other thread, I guess I have some of that haha.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.