Talk to me about Wildcats

A37A4097-7421-4A8A-8BE4-034367885776.jpeg

Obviously you are not familiar with advertising hype. In those times calling a cartridge a Wildcat sold more reamers. I have owned a couple of Wildcats one of which is now a factory chambering. The other, the 6x39 was made from 300 Savage brass trimmed to length and then modified with a 250 dollar (in the 70s) set of forming dies.
Next time you wish to correct me please do your homework and be at least 75 years old.
Just a friendly heads up @66 posts in with an attitude like you have you won't be here long, L.Sherm and Feenix are very respected members here so I suggest you show some respect, and FWIW if you the AI's are and always will be a Wildcat but it's your story so you can tell it like you want too

Chair.gif

I never said I was 75. And nobody has given me their age as yet.

Remember I was alive when PO Ackley was still alive. I was born December of 19 hundred and 51

Respect your elders Grasshopper.
You just proven age is irrelevant, and no one owes you anything. It is irrelevant even if you were born BC. Respect is earned, not given. As noted, I have more respect for Riley at 13 than you at whatever age. Get off your high horse and earn the respect you are demanding. I doubt you will ever get it, though. You, Sir, are no JEC (RIP, Sir!); you do not even come close.

You just proven age is irrelevant, and no one owes you anything. It is irrelevant even if you were born BC. Respect is earned, not given. As noted, I have more respect for Riley at 13 than you at whatever age. Get off your high horse and earn the respect you are demanding. I doubt you will ever get it, though. You, Sir, are no JEC (RIP, Sir!); you do not even come close.
I Concur

I see 'wildcat' inline with the Wiki definition.
If I were to Ackley Improve a 25wssm, this would not be a mass-produced cartridge. It would depart enough in design to require special reloading dies.

@Gstew1930, my apologies for getting off track, but it needed to be said. There are many good folks here that are always willing and able to give you a hand. A few of them responded here. I hope you can make sense of this thread and gravitate to them.

I see 'wildcat' inline with the Wiki definition.
If I were to Ackley Improve a 25wssm, this would not be a mass-produced cartridge. It would depart enough in design to require special reloading dies.
And as I have stated else where the wssm series are factory wildcats.

I am the new mainstay. In case you have not noticed I have a pretty good following already. Not even close to my first RODEO.

How many to you have an IBS benchrest record on your resume.