Talk to me about the Stevens 200 action

Calvin45

Stumbled upon one of these the other day, don't know if they're still making them anymore but anyways...anyone on here use the Stevens 200 rifle or action to build a rifle off of? What's the difference between this and a savage 110/111? They appear to use the same barrel lock nut and floating bolt head idea, the results of which cannot be argued with accuracy wise. This just makes the savage seem fancy for crying out! 😬

From what I can remember it's exactly the same as the old top bolt release Savage 110 action, just without the Accutrigger and it has a cheaper plastic stock.

Have one in 300 win mag sitting in the safe, runs fine and can't really tell a difference between it and other Savage actions I've owned that were pre Accutrigger and pre bottom bolt release.

Last edited:
Its a top bolt release savage action. I'd only buy to use for the action , which I have done twice. I put a bartlein pre fit 300 wm on one and a criterion 22 Creed on the other. Both shoot as well as my full custom but I'm no insane shot or anything.
I put the excellent rifle basic sav 2 Tigger on them.

I built a 243 AI on a Stevens 200 action . It shoots real well. Has smoked every thing I have shot with it. Better ones out there ? Yes. For the money ? Hard to beat. JMHO.

They are the same as the savage actions they are very accurate and wouldn't hesitate to build one with the right stock, barrel, trigger, and lug. Hard to beat for accuracy and always inexpensive to buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts