Talk to me about rings...

PredatorSlayer

I have always been a talley lightweight guy - they have been awesome for all my hunting needs. I recently bought a rifle with a 20 moa rail milled into the receiver and am buying a scope with a 34mm tube.

I have been looking at the Seekins, Leupold Mark 4 (Aluminum) and Nightforce UL rings.

I have two questions:

1. At this level is there really a difference in quality and reliability between these?

2. If you have a preference between these and others, why do you prefer one over the other?

Welcome to my world I have a brand new scope 34 MM tube and I have a set
of Barrett Zero Gap a set of Kelbys and a set of Ken Farrell Steel rings
AND I just ordered a MPA 34 MM mount? When you get it figgured out Please let me know! Right now I'm in about 650 in rings and a mount for one stupid scope
and it's still sitting here.

Welcome to my world I have a brand new scope 34 MM tube and I have a set
of Barrett Zero Gap a set of Kelbys and a set of Ken Farrell Steel rings
AND I just ordered a MPA 34 MM mount? When you get it figgured out Please let me know! Right now I'm in about 650 in rings and a mount for one stupid scope
and it's still sitting here.
Why?

Other than weight or features like the bubble level, is there a quality difference in any of these?

For example, nightforce UL rings have some titanium don't they? Does that make them tougher for some reason?

I have always been a talley lightweight guy - they have been awesome for all my hunting needs. I recently bought a rifle with a 20 moa rail milled into the receiver and am buying a scope with a 34mm tube.

I have been looking at the Seekins, Leupold Mark 4 (Aluminum) and Nightforce UL rings.

I have two questions:

1. At this level is there really a difference in quality and reliability between these?

2. If you have a preference between these and others, why do you prefer one over the other?

I highly recommend American Rifle Co, (ARC) rings, 0 problems & no ring Marks on your new scope!

I have two questions:

I find that there are far too many choices these days all causing mass confusion! Stick with what you like and know...if it ain't broken...don't fix it!

The NF have tit. cross bars, dont know they held zero on my 338 NM,but so did the leo of similar type mark 4 I think.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.