Talk me out of the 7mm wsm

The 7mm STW has been around since '79...
Layne Simpson did come up with it in 79 but the first noteriety it got was around 1989/90. I think first article on it came out in Shooting Times in 89. So as my point said early 90s the wider shooting public became aware of it. Maybe if you knew Layne personnely you might have known about it earlier. Either way none of this history changes my point.

I think there are 9 or 10 factory offerings available on Midway right now and I think hornady makes their precision hunter ammo in 7wsm.
I guess the industry has started making it again. I was a market looser to the 270 and 300 there for several years and cases and factory choices dried up. I still stick with a 300 if I wanted a WSM after having all three.

My father and I are prolific loaders but back in the 90s the only readily available hot 7s were the 7 Rem Mag and the 7 Weatherby, then the 7 STW showed up.

Layne Simpson did come up with it in 79 but the first noteriety it got was around 1989/90. I think first article on it came out in Shooting Times in 89. So as my point said early 90s the wider shooting public became aware of it. Maybe if you knew Layne personnely you might have known about it earlier. Either way none of this history changes my point.

You're seriously dragging this back up from page 3, as if it's important? :rolleyes:

I guess the industry has started making it again. I was a market looser to the 270 and 300 there for several years and cases and factory choices dried up. I still stick with a 300 if I wanted a WSM after having all three.
I had a 7wsm and a 270wsm...I still have the 270. It was more a product of the gun itself, but looking back I wish I would have dumped my 7 RM and kept the 7wsm. I think it is a cool round that is making a comeback.

You're seriously dragging this back up from page 3, as if it's important? :rolleyes:
No I just saw it. I don't lurk around this forum that often. What ever, doesn't matter. The 7 STW is history for me, it was great while it lasted. Killed lots of stuff with it and shot lots of steel. Have a nice day .

2 of our shooters at our club built twin 7 WSM long throat rifles.

They run them hot and fast,,, when I first seen the cartridge and bullet seating it looked way out of place,,, then he explained the build.

What it lacks in looks with the bullet seat out side of the case,,, it makes up for in accuracy,,, they built the rifles using long actions for the longer bullets,,, so I had them long throat my 30/06 for a fraction more case capacity and the longer Berger bullets.

Mind you my Remmy LR is able to handle these long bullets.

Awesome thread guys,,, can wait to see if more of these cartridges show up here in the North.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.