Talk me out of getting Swarovski EL 10x42’s

Just bought the Leica 10x42 3000.com LRF. Bluetooth to Wind meter and uses applied ballistics. Great glass and best range finder I've tried

So I'm updating alot of my gear this year, new pack, gun, etc. a lot has to do with weight savings but also newer technology. I'm looking at new binoculars and thinking I'll just bite the bullet this time and get the Swaro EL 10x42's. In the past I've always used a separate rangefinder since technology seems to change more often on them and they don't last forever. Should I reconsider that? Is there anything else I should be looking at?
I dug deep for a pair 7-8 years ago. I love em.

You are looking at some very nice glass. Probably would not be disappointed in any of your choices. I struggled with the same decision a few years ago. Decided to go with the EL Range 10 × 42. Never looked back. Was able to retire my 1st gen Leica 1200 range finder to prairie dog hunting. One less item to carry hunting. Couple of years ago I bought my son a Leica Geovid ranging binoculars. Very nice. You might want to check those out. Just my opinion

So I'm updating alot of my gear this year, new pack, gun, etc. a lot has to do with weight savings but also newer technology. I'm looking at new binoculars and thinking I'll just bite the bullet this time and get the Swaro EL 10x42's. In the past I've always used a separate rangefinder since technology seems to change more often on them and they don't last forever. Should I reconsider that? Is there anything else I should be looking at?
I would look at the zeiss victory in 10x42 the glass is clear and excellent !

I think that the one thing I found most odd in my search for a decent pair of binoculars was when doing a search on the internet there were a lot of articles and reviews. The top ten binoculars. The best 5 binoculars. ECT,etc. And most of these articles never mentioned Zeiss, Swarovski or Leica. Now please understand I'm not knocking other brands and I'm sure there is some real good glass in other brands than the 3 I just mentioned. And a lot of them that you would really have to be nit picky to see the difference between them and the ones I mentioned. But still you would think that they would at least be mentioned.
Those three are the cream of the crop when it comes to good glass

I ended up going with the leica noctovid 10x42 and absolutely love them! The colors are purely incredible. One you get to this level of binoculars it comes down to your individual eyes and preference as far as design. Swaro el, leica noctovid, and zeiss victory will be at the top of the list. As someone mentioned earlier about meopta they are some amazing competitors at a more affordable price. If you can look through any of these side by side I would highly recommend it.

I have SLC 10x42 and a older Leica 10x42 with range finder, last year I bought the Vortex Fury 10x42 the glass is better at low light than the SLC or the leica and the range finder is amazing.

I have been using the 8x42 EL Range binoculars for the previous three seasons now, which is probably over 500 days in the field, guiding and culling. I have also used the Leica HD-B and I find the Swarovski optically superior in the last 'grey' light. I also do not need the BDC element of the Leica's so I don't count that, but the angle calculator in the ELs is superb.

Depending on the light conditions the range finder is normally good to about 1150m and on bright days to 1500. I would say that the rangefinder seems more reliable in fog than that of the Leica, but it's hard to be sure.

Previous to the range finding binos I used (for nine years) the SLC 7x42. If I did not need to range find then I would pick these over the ELs every time. I find them more comfortable in the hand and I seem to adjust the focus noticeably less than their newer brothers.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them, in those three seasons I have sent them back to Swarovski once, when while standing on the roof rack of my Land Rover I dropped them 15 feet or so onto the concrete. The numbers of the rangefinder moved from their normal position to the top of the sight picture, but were still useable and I did so until the end of that season before sending them off for repair. I had them back in the post within 10 days and wasn't charged a penny.

Sam

I bought a pair of Leica HD-B 3000's a year ago. I am disappointed. They are not clearly focused at the edges and I am lucky if the range finder will range something the size of a small house at 1,700 yards. And that is with a new battery.

I did alot of research on this a couple of months ago. I ended up with the 10x42 slcs. I cannot wait to spend some time behind them this fall!

Please don't waste your money
Meopta. Meostar 10x42 will beat any competition

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.