Talk about a “close call”!!! 😳😳😳

Thanks for the share Deputy819. Definately a VERY lucky young lady! I can imagine your relief it worked out this way also.
You're welcome, my friend! I was genuinely shocked & relieved. As a matter of fact….she asked me if the front end of her car was 'all messed up' and I replied, "Honestly, I didn't look very closely……I was too worried about your face". 😇

You're welcome, my friend! I was genuinely shocked & relieved. As a matter of fact….she asked me if the front end of her car was 'all messed up' and I replied, "Honestly, I didn't look very closely……I was too worried about your face". 😇
At least you showed up! The CHP didn't respond and said they wouldn't even take a report for my parents.

At least you showed up! The CHP didn't respond and said they wouldn't even take a report for my parents.

Same here in Tucson, well, within the city limits. TPD won't respond unless there is an injury, and they ask you to file a police report online and those are never processed or looked at; literally. Don't ask me how I know.

That's just shameful. Wouldn't take 10 minutes to do just a 'property damage' report if nothing else. There are a very few instances where we wouldn't do a report, but your folks situation certainly would not be one of them .
Same here in Tucson, well, within the city limits. TPD won't respond unless there is an injury, and they ask you to file a police report online and those are never processed or looked at; literally. Don't ask me how I know.

That's so lame! We only do 'online reporting'/'civilian collision reports' for parking lots or 'private property', but those are the only exceptions. However, even injuries would override that.

That's just shameful. Wouldn't take 10 minutes to do just a 'property damage' report if nothing else. There are a very few instances where we wouldn't do a report, but your folks situation certainly would not be one of them .

That's so lame! We only do 'online reporting'/'civilian collision reports' for parking lots or 'private property', but those are the only exceptions. However, even injuries would override that.

I think because it's a known "homeless camp" in the vicinity so that's most likely where the object came from. And of course the homeless can't be questioned or held accountable for anything...there's a fire about once every couple weeks in the same area.

HEY Deputy 819! I think your thread jinxed me driving home on Wednesday! 4"x 6" "brick type" rock was flipped up in the air while driving AZ highway speed. Threw glass on my wife and I ..........we just sat there and finished the drive home and stopped at the first car wash we could find to "vacuum off".

It happened in slow motion.......really weird ☹️

Ya just never know what's going to happen!

Attachments

• 2F525516-C667-4E1C-9973-B2D1C1605FC8.jpeg
    2F525516-C667-4E1C-9973-B2D1C1605FC8.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 7F1A8663-C05C-4CD3-BBF3-F5EA202E78B7.jpeg
    7F1A8663-C05C-4CD3-BBF3-F5EA202E78B7.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 21
HEY Deputy 819! I think your thread jinxed me
Dang it…..I'd better give my FOP attorney a call then. 🤣😂🤣 I'm just messin with ya, brother.
I'm certainly glad that you guys weren't injured and you're still here to share that! Man, I'm tellin ya…you just never know what's gonna happen on our roadways. Crazy!!!

HEY Deputy 819! I think your thread jinxed me driving home on Wednesday! 4"x 6" "brick type" rock was flipped up in the air while driving AZ highway speed. Threw glass on my wife and I ..........we just sat there and finished the drive home and stopped at the first car wash we could find to "vacuum off".

It happened in slow motion.......really weird ☹️

Ya just never know what's going to happen!

Glad you and you wife are ok.

Starting to look like we need to wear safety glasses just to drive. Glad everyones okay, but that's a lot of glass to be flying around INSIDE the car!

I recall an incident in San Antonio where a semi-truck ran over a softball size rock (maybe a touch bigger) on the freeway. If got pinched between two wheels, exited the back at high speed and killed the gal in the car behind. Just blew my mind. Who expects to get killed driving to work by a big rock on the highway? (I tried to find the newstory via google without any luck...too long ago maybe? Seems like it was 1990s)

@Deputy819 I'm glad your 'customer' was a non-injury (mostly), non-fatality situation. That is quite the chunk of metal. Looks like the wiper blade helped save a life. Who knew they were multi-purpose devices ;)

I'm glad your 'customer' was a non-injury (mostly), non-fatality situation. That is quite the chunk of metal.
Agreed! Miraculous really that it wasn't a 'bad one'. 👍

I'm grateful to the OP and people like you, I cannot do that job and I count on people like you to do it.
Appreciate that, brother….now more than ever. 👍

So, I got sent out to the Interstate today on multiple Non-Injury collisions due to storms with heavy downpours. This was one of them. Family of 4 from Sioux Falls, South Dakota driving through my county on Interstate 64 had their windshield perforated (nearly compartment intrusion) by a rather large hunk of metal that must have came off a vehicle hauling scrap metal in front of it. I say 'must have' because the rains were so heavy that they did not actually see where it came from. Their 25 yoa daughter was driving at the time and suffered a couple minor scrapes on her face from flying glass shards, but that was it. Everyone in the vehicle was covered in glass. Folks, It wouldn't have taken much more force to make this a really tragic event for the driver of this vehicle…….and get this….today was actually her birthday!! I told them after they finished up at the rental car place that they needed to go to Cracker Barrel and and have the best family dinner they've ever had for they had MUCH to celebrate…..and then go buy some lottery tickets!!! 😇
View attachment 285511View attachment 285512View attachment 285513
View attachment 285514View attachment 285515View attachment 285516
Had over25 years as a Paramedic. I've seen some stuff like this before. That's why in my opinion anyone who throws anything off an interstate bridge/overpass should be immediately executed.