taking my encore out to 650yds

Tell us a little about your encore, what caliber, factory or custom barrel? I have a custom barrel encore in 7mm Rem mag that I have shot out to 500 yards with decent success.

Where are you? Do you have any trouble finding longer range areas to shoot? Which ammo? Even with a heavy barrel you've got a great shooting rifle in a manageable package!

Matt

Here are my two groups at 617 yards

utf-8BSU1HMDE5MjUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE5MjcuanBn.jpg

zookman,

I'm not sure what your fingers or the tape measurer are pointing to in the photos.

Is it the 2 fresh/obvious bullet dents close together in the right hand side of the first image?

And, the 3 on the right for the second group/second image? (minus the flyer to the left of the black circle)

thanks,
richard

The fingers and tape were just a reference . First time shooting that far . The one with fingers was my 2nd group had one flyer it was below just out of the pic . With the tape was my 3rd group 3 to the right was that group. The one on the left of pic was one of my first group

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.