Tak-MAK, Squak-MAK and Flak-MAK

ADMIN

Administrator
I was fresh out of Remington 700s - right hand, short action 700s to be more specific. Mine are the superior left hand versions, which are great unless you're right handed, as my boys are. So doing what any dad would do, I bought two right hand, short action Remington 700s for my boys. This will be the story of the first one. My goal was to make a switch barrel rifle so I could start out with a light recoiling caliber and then work up to a .308. I found a barreled action with a heavy barrel .204 and thought that it would be a good starting point. I found out why it was for sale after I shot it, but I'll get back to that in a moment. I already had a spare 700 .223 sporter weight barrel sitting in the corner and Mr. Del contributed a couple of .308 Heavy Barrel take-offs to the cause. I purchased a used sporter weight 7-08 barrel and was ready to roll. Read More...

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Tak-MAK, Squak-MAK and Flak-MAK, By Alan Marshall. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts