Tail wind effect at 1,000 yards?

Len,

I'm not completely satisfied with the 7RUM, but it does OK for conventional LR. To answer your specifics: it has a 30" 1:9" Kreiger in a heavy Palma taper, & I think that's plenty of twist for a 176. I personally wouldn't go with a 1:8 unless you want to 'over' stabilize it.

As far as case quality, I haven't split a case neck yet, but I only get 3-4 loadings each before the primer pockets are GONE! Very disappointing. Case consistency is so-so, there's very little stretch too. Accuracy has been @ 3" to 3.25" at 500. It's easily capable of cleaning a 1,000 yard NRA target with a respectable X-count.

If you need some 156s for testing in the meantime, I have 10-20 laying around the shop. They shoot about as accurately in mine as the 176s & nearly the identical POA-POI at 500. They're yours if you want 'em!
smile.gif

Speedbump....,I made myself a primer pocket reclaimer(swager)because i lose even tension in my brass approx every 2 fireings..Jr..Jeff Rogers..Can send pic if it's any good to ya .

Speedbump

Thanks, but I took delivery this noon on some overnite shipped 156's from Bob. So far they shoot well. More tests tomorrow. The twist seems to be the issue and the shorter bullet version works with my 9 twist barrel...I think.

Jeff, that swager sounds interesting. If you can post a pic, I'd appreciate it. I've been wondering if that could be done & obviously it can!

Len, the 156s shoot a very close trajectory to the 176s out to 600. I couldn't compare side-by-side past that, but the POIs were almost identical to 5. best of luck.

speed bump.Inclosed pic of primmer pocket Resizer,i have 2 ,1 at .524 ID and 1 at .527!D ,it depends on what brass dia your useing and how far it has expanded.Use 2 to 3 deg taper leeding up to a parralel section approx 500 thou long.The plunger fits onto std shell holder and the die into a strong 7/8x14 O frame press..JR..Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.