Tacticl stock.

kc

I would like to find a new stock for a Rem-7oo. The one I would like is just like the one SAKO uses on there TRG-42.
Thanks..Keith..

Dont forget McMillan.
The McMillan Prone stock may be close to what you are looking for.
05.gif

I have used the HS PST25 -26 and like then real well too.
Black%20Tactical%202.jpg

The Mc A3 and A2 are real nice as well.
A-3%20ADJ1.gif

I prefer the McMillan stocks if I am going to be treating a rifle very roung though. The shell is tougher.

Celt

[ 01-17-2003: Message edited by: Celt ]

A number of shooters around here have been using the Choate UV stock. Very nice piece with a FL alum insert and accesory rail. Can add a buttstock spacer and cheekpiece too. All at a resonable price. A tactical version is also available listed as the Choate T&S stockwww.brownells.com if you're interested.
db

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: dbhostler ]

Charles,

Have you held and compared the Varmint to the Tactical stock? The only thing I don't care for about the Tactical stock my brother has is it's large dia vertical grip, just a little too big but it looked like the Varmint stock was smaller around. Nice solid stock. Asthetics probably are the only thing seperating them from the others mentioned...

Brent,
I like the varmint better than the tactical. It just seems like they tried to incorperate to many featers in the "Ultimate Sniper"(that sounds so silly). Just my personal oppinion. About the grips, there solid so you can sand it down to what ever size is comfortable. I think mine are a little bit slimmer than the tactical. For for the money, they cant be beat, though.
smile.gif

Tack care.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.