Tactical bolt knob for Remington 700 Sendero

7 RUMAN

I want to put a bigger bolt knob on my Sendero and not really sure about the best way.
Also, if I wanted to replace the entire bolt, what would that require?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PTG will make a bolt for you

Pacific Tool and Gauge, Inc - StoreFront Home, Redefining Quality in Manufacturing

Take VERY careful measurements of your bolt when ordering. I ordered .700, should have ordered the .6995. The bolt works fine but it's a little tight and the smaller bolt would have provided smoother operation. I had to do a lot of polishing of the one I ordered to get the result I needed.

I have one of these:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...gton-700-black-sku100013741-61085-126414.aspx

on one of my Remington 700's and I like it very much.
But if you have a bolt made you may want to use a "screw on" knob. ....

Take VERY careful measurements of your bolt when ordering. I ordered a .007, should have ordered a .700, should have ordered the .6995. The bolt works fine but it's a little tight and the smaller bolt would have provided smoother operation. I had to do a lot of polishing of the one I ordered to get the result I needed.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, what bolt did you order and what should you have ordered? What is the .007 measurement. Did you order a .700 bolt body? Or did you order a .707 bolt body?

If you are even partially mechanically inclined just buy the badger bolt knob from wherever is cheapest and do it your self. So easy even this caveman could do it.

Ground down the existing small round to a uniform .313 and .6 long. Calipers help here. then thread it with a tap and die set. thread it on with permanent epoxy and you are set.
obviously you need to have these tools. If you don't just go on Badger's web site and they will do it for you. Just send your bolt in to them and it will come back done.

I have freehand ground down four bolt knobs then threaded them. Not for the mechanically challenged.

I saw an alternative: cut off round knob. Drill and tap shank to epoxy in a threaded stud. Knob threads on to the stud.

I make my own knobs and prefer to counter bore near the opening, so a thin tapered section of the bolt knob blends into the handle with a more pleasing effect.

I have freehand ground down four bolt knobs then threaded them. Not for the mechanically challenged.

I saw an alternative: cut off round knob. Drill and tap shank to epoxy in a threaded stud. Knob threads on to the stud.

I make my own knobs and prefer to counter bore near the opening, so a thin tapered section of the bolt knob blends into the handle with a more pleasing effect.
I can see where that would work also. I ground down to the squared portion and stopped there. Because I kept it concentric and treaded to the very end, it matched perfectly right up to the new knob edges with no overhang. Granted I did have slightly less then the recommended .6" threading but not an issue. Plus when I am done putting the rifle together, I will be cerakoting the entire action/barrel/bolt to contrast and match the chassis system I go with.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts