tac15i scope?

J calvin

I have a tac 15i with accushot scope with all the dots down the crosshair,how are you guys sighting in your sights ae you starting at the center of crosshair or top of the dot to shoot long range,cause my center crosshair is at 40 yard.I would like to start at the top dot but do not know how ,please help

J Calvin -

I first tried that too. After about a week of frustration trying to get just the right setup I stopped.

The problem for me was it was too complicated to be of much use in hunting situations.

The dots do not seem to line up exactly with specific yardages and if you change the scope power it changes the dot positions as well.

What I ended up doing and I think a lot of others on this site as well was get the HHA Optimizer x-bow scope mount.

It has a dial which once the correct template is put on will allow you to dial in your distance. Therefore you just zero it in at 20 yds with the center dot and use the dial to adjust for distance. It has worked very well for me. I can not adjust scope power without adjusting point of impact.

WildWillie

Hi J calvin,
Take WildWillie's advice. It will save you a ton of time and frustration.

Len Backus, the owner of this website has produced a chart that he developed for using the scopes MOA's out to about 100 yards. You could contact Len for a copy of this chart, but please keep in mind that any time you are not using a scope who's MOA's are not built specifically for a given weapon, they are approximates at best.

The use of the HHA Optimizer is not an approximate, it's specific to your crossbow and arrows at each distance that you are shooting. It allows you to set your sights dead on at any distance you wish to set it up for.

The whole reason you bought this crossbow was for extreme long distance accuracy, so don't go cheap on the element that gives you that ability.

Also make sure you read the Review Article that I wrote on the HHA Optimizer speed Dial. Then you'll understand why most shooters consider this an essential piece of equipment. Super 91 just nailed a deer and a wild turkey on the same morning with his TAC 15i and HHA Optimizer. The deer is not a tiny target, but a Wild Turkey is not an easy target even with a gun.

Regards,

Xbow755

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.