tac elite problems

nathanb

Shoots 100 grain field tips out to 80 yards great. Now not even on the target and loosing arrows when switched to 100 grain crossbow grim reapers. Also tried other various crossbow broad heads and none shoot anywhere close to the field points?

Shoots 100 grain field tips out to 80 yards great. Now not even on the target and loosing arrows when switched to 100 grain crossbow grim reapers.
If you switch back to 100 grain field tips, are you back on target?

Are you shooting unmodified PSE Arrows? If not what modifications?

Have you tried shooting a bare-shafted arrow into paper to check center shot?

How can you title this thread (tac problems?) 9 out of 10 times the problem lies with the shooters lack of knowledge. tune the bow, then find the best shooting broadhead, it will take some time if you are banking on 80 yd kills, if it can be done with a xbow it will be with a TAC 15.

You really did not start at 80 yds practicing with broadheads did you? If your broadheads group differ than your field tips ADJUST the scope. Not all broadheads shoot well at 400fps. Not all arrow shoot the same or as well as another. lots to learn keeps shots under 50 for awhile

I had the same problem, I used the Phathead broadheads and out of nine arrow broadhead combo's I only had two that were close. Then I switched to the Rage 100 grain broadheads and now I'm shooting three inch group's out to 100 yards.
I did fire two non practice broadhead shots (one at 30', one at 60') at my broadhead target and they fly and open great. I was able to remove the heads because they came out the back side of the target two inches. (just replaced the breakaway washers). As a note I also use the Firenock's, the combo does shoot differently then a standard arrow. I just picked the six that shoot consistently and I'm all set.
Last year I took a 275 lb. eight pointer at 77 yards, the arrow went through him with so much force it hit a rock, flew 30 feet in the air and 50 feet past the deer. The deer didn't move, I thought I missed. While reloading for a second shot he crumpled in place. So I know this combo is deadly at long range.

I am shooting the Ramcat 100 and they fly great for me. My buddy is struggling with his. We are both big fans of Rage broadheads however we were lead to believe they did not shoot good through the Tac set up. We switched over to the Ramcat. For me so far so good. My buddy not so good.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.