TAC Elite Blows UP

I contacted PSE customer service when my Tac15i had a problem two years ago, got an RMA number, and they fixed it in two weeks door to door.

I posted a month ago about my ordinance blowing up. My damage looked the same. Well after it blew up the second time I have sent back for trade in on a different bow. The,second time the cable slapped my finger. Didn't cause a,serious injury but hurt like the devil. PSE offered to fix the bow again but I'm just scared of it now. If you have this blow up in your face it takes a while to calm yourself. Too much power amid too many moving parts to go off in your face. I too waited a long time for the bow and really wanted to love it. I just had too many problems. Fletchings hitting the cable, wrappings near the cable weights coming un done after just a few shots on both cables. I finally got it paper tuned and sighted in but never solved the fletching problem. I have a QAD Ultra with the mount for sale if anyone is interested.

I no longer have my Elite since two major failures and 1 minor in 2 weeks of ownership. I'm done with PSE. I waited 10 months to get the bow and was extremely disappointed to say the least. At least they refunded my money.

After sending mine back I got the Excalibur Matrix 380. No moving parts and almost as fast. Sighted it in all the way up thru luminocks and broad heads in less than 20 shots. Lighter and shorter, has a anti dry fire and can be de cocked. Maybe mi season isn't a total loss.

I thought I would bring this back to the top. Has anyone had any more issues with their TAC's? Has PSE worked out the kinks with their recall?

Just curious.

Lost,

As a PSE TAC Elite dealer I have gotten a chance to be involved with a whole bunch of TAC crossbows. I feel the new bows (after the recall) are great. I've been paper tuning all the TAC's that we ship out and they have all worked perfectly. I have not seen any issues with arrow vane clearance.

The other great thing about the Elite's and Ordnance's is that I have not had a single warranty issue with any of them (other than the things PSE took care of with the recall). The previous versions (TAC 15 and TAC 15i) had some warranty issues involving limb failures and parts failing in the cocking mechanism. One of the main reasons PSE came out with the new model was to address those issues, and it looks like they've done it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.