Tac 338 action,what to build?

300R

Hi Guy's i am looking for some help deciding what to do.I currently own a custom rifle in 338 Lapua,stiller tac 338 action,mcm stock,lilja barrel,jewell trigger etc etc.My problem is the Aussie government is "trying" to ban this caliber.I no longer have a range to practice at as the 338 lapua is now banned from there and while i can practice with my 308 all i want it's not the same rifle.LRH requires a lot of skill and that comes with range time and practice,which i can no longer do with this rifle ,i don't really want to sell and build another as sourcing parts down here takes a long......time.What caliber can u guy's recommend if i were to keep this action and just get a new barrel,i have heard of the 338 norma which i think has the same size bolt face as the lapua but i have no idea on brass availability ,any suggestions would be much appreciated,thanks.

Mark

Thanks guys 30-338 lapua sounds very interesting.I could not imagine barrel life is very good but i have over 300 pieces of lapua brass.I know the 338 norma is fairly new does it have much of a following around this forum?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts