Tac 15 Blew Up. Please help?

Tac Cobra

Well after a long year since stretching a string on opening day last season, I've replaced the string and cables, tuned it back right again, bought and had to rebuild (spine tested, numbered, and re-fletched my 24 arrows, and had it all sighted in punching out bullseyes at 50 - 70 yards.

Was in my ground blind with it for the first time a few days ago, had a group of deer walking in about to cross my lane around 30 yds. Took safety off and was finally ready to launch one of my first knapped stone points, which I carefully made to matched 100 Gr weights with my broadheads, and hafted to custom made aluminum inserts by a buddy of mine. Just as I was about to fire...suddenly out of nowhere, both my limbs split on the left side, and one snapped clean off!
Needless to say, I was busted (in my new blind), and completely shocked and disgusted. Especially after the local PSE service shop's bow tech, called PSE direct and was told no limbs were available anymore?? After all the time, money, blood sweat & tears, going on two years now...my favorite bow is a paperweight.

Does anyone know anyone, or happen to actually have a spare set of limbs I could buy? Ugggh.
244638647_5161524697194471_6373756672309860251_n.jpg

244593266_5161525637194377_6106065772605150870_n.jpg

243049247_5124436160903325_6476733965313869903_n.jpg

Realigned all the nocks as well, and installed a set of new firenocks...which are now glued inside these arrows I hope to be able to use again.

COULD you make video on making stone points and how attaching them to shafts . VERY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR SKILLS !!!!
Thank you much I really enjoy making them. It's very calming, or can be nerve racking...lol. Depending on how it goes with a particular stone or obsidian.
I don't have any videos yet, but there's a wealth of info on youtube from one of my main inspirational knapper / hunters. Ryan Gill at Hunt Primitive. He also has a great website and sells his work. He uses the same methods I do, only difference is he's hafting to wooden shafts he builds for the bows he makes, and I'm slotting and using aluminum inserts for modern carbon shafts.

Sorry about your trouble ! I am glad to hear you made you made your own stone points . Nice job wish i could do it .
Thanks it's been pretty hard to digest, while I continue to search for some replacement limbs or a reasonably priced bow or parts bow even.

You can do it! "so easy a caveman can do it" lol! Check out the video link I posted in the following comment.

****, I bet you almost wet your pants on that! Sorry to hear that. I had an old Bear Compound do that at my home, practicing one more time, leaving in two day for an Elk Hunt inn 1991 before I went traditional, cedar arrows and stone points. Never found a limb. I drove 3 hours across the state to a bow shop, told him what had happened so we made a trip through the show room and when we got to the checkout, I had a new Bear Bridger compound, quiver, arrows, release, and other options. He set it up for me, shot some arrows he sold me at the shop and went home, packed and left for Colorado the next day. I was lucky and got a small cow elk with it.
Those are some very nice stone points. I just got a box of obsidian from Washington State a friend picks up hiking and sent me a box in trade for some River Cane Arrows with natural turkey feathers. I have been using stone points since about 1994, most made by a great friend that is all he does in primitive archery. I trade him custom made cedar arrows and some river cane arrows for stone points. Most are obsidian, some a Frisco from Southern OK, hard stuff. I would like to see how you did the insert to attach the stone points to the shaft. My good friend in KS had a stroke 3 years back and had to go to the crossbow to still hunt. We have been shooting traditional since 1992 until his stroke. I have often thought about what you have done. I have some new bolts that I giving him I got in a trade and would like to put some 100 gran stone points on them and check their flight with my neighbors crossbow that is just like my friends, same weight and everything.
Any help would be great. Ryan Gill is a great guy. I have met him a few times at a couple of large traditional gatherings.
Mike

****, I bet you almost wet your pants on that! Sorry to hear that. I had an old Bear Compound do that at my home, practicing one more time, leaving in two day for an Elk Hunt inn 1991 before I went traditional, cedar arrows and stone points. Never found a limb. I drove 3 hours across the state to a bow shop, told him what had happened so we made a trip through the show room and when we got to the checkout, I had a new Bear Bridger compound, quiver, arrows, release, and other options. He set it up for me, shot some arrows he sold me at the shop and went home, packed and left for Colorado the next day. I was lucky and got a small cow elk with it.
Those are some very nice stone points. I just got a box of obsidian from Washington State a friend picks up hiking and sent me a box in trade for some River Cane Arrows with natural turkey feathers. I have been using stone points since about 1994, most made by a great friend that is all he does in primitive archery. I trade him custom made cedar arrows and some river cane arrows for stone points. Most are obsidian, some a Frisco from Southern OK, hard stuff. I would like to see how you did the insert to attach the stone points to the shaft. My good friend in KS had a stroke 3 years back and had to go to the crossbow to still hunt. We have been shooting traditional since 1992 until his stroke. I have often thought about what you have done. I have some new bolts that I giving him I got in a trade and would like to put some 100 gran stone points on them and check their flight with my neighbors crossbow that is just like my friends, same weight and everything.
Any help would be great. Ryan Gill is a great guy. I have met him a few times at a couple of large traditional gatherings.
Mike
Wow too cool Mike that's awesome! Love flintknapping and have always wanted to make and hunt with my own points. Cancer surgery robbed me 11 years ago of the ability to fully draw traditional or compound bows sadly, so I too am now stuck using a crossbow. Gil is great, he really inspired me to go ahead and do it. I have a good friend in AK who CNC's the inserts and sells em at 6 or 8 bucks each. Well worth it after I've tried it before using modded field tips. Welcome to message me anytime about the knapping thing or whatever!

Shannon