T7 vs rock chucker

Keep the RC! I sold mine many years ago and have always regretted it. I currently use an original model Lyman turret and it has worked well. I do believe having the extra die locations the Redding has would be nice.
I eventually replaced the single stage RC with a Lee quick release press to reload larger cartridges, ie 300WM and 375 H&H. The Lyman would work, but they can use a bit more full length leverage. JMO

SO DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR RC! JMO&E

Our situation is similar. I had a progressive & RC. I bought a T-7 a few years ago & kept the RC with a decapping die in it. * I use Inline Fab quick attach mounts on everything……easy to install/move. I have a Creedmoor Sports upgrade kit installed in the T-7. It supposedly tightens up tolerances. *Before getting the T-7 I removed the bushing in the RC and installed the Hornady quick change insert in press & installed them on dies. In hindsight that may have been as fast as my T-7.
*Instead of making an improvement in presses my next spare money will be spent on a more accurate powder dispenser & scale. I currently use a RCBS ChargeMaster & should receive my AutoTrickler V4 within a month. Of all the areas we Reloaders debate on as being critical the one that no-one will contest is that putting a consistent accurate charge in our case is absolutely necessary for "long range precision". If you are not satisfied with your powder dispenser make that your next area of improvement while deciding which press to use long term. Good luck & best wishes moving forward.

Creedmoor Sports has a new manufactured head that is machined and has some pretty tight tolerances, not cast, but it's expensive.

Thanks for posting this. This is combination with the T-7 upgrade kit (~ $20-$30) I purchased should make a noticeable difference. I'll be purchasing after I pay for my V4 that's coming in.

Yeah there is. My area 419 powder funnel and pistol adapter and a few boxes of other stuff came in today. Never thought I'd be giving $115 for a powder funnel.
A member on this board informed me of "Saturn" metal (aluminum/brass?) non-static powder funnels sold by Brownel's. For other member thinking of upgrading funnels I would like to pass this on as an option. I don't know how you could get more functional/better. They cost ~ $13/ea

I have a Dillon 650 and a Rock Chucker. I'm just now getting back into reloading much after building a house and work stuff that kept me away. I'm debating swapping out the Rock Chucker for a Redding T7. I like the idea of leaving all my dies set up to save time. Which I never seem to have enough of. Am I going to loose anything accuracy/consistency wise using the turret? Not that I shoot well enough to probably tell but I'd rather blame that on me than wonder if it's my equipment. I'd like to think that the dies always being set the same vs minor inconsistencies from changing them out would help.
Do more moving parts get you better accuracy? I my mind, NO!. The turret has on more moving part than the RC! Just MHO

Last edited:
Yeah there is. My area 419 powder funnel and pistol adapter and a few boxes of other stuff came in today. Never thought I'd be giving $115 for a powder funnel.
The stackable drop tubes got me with that funnel kit. I still have several Saterns and Precision Hardcore funnels but the Area 419 is the one I actually use most days now.

I have a Redding T7 and a Coax I like them both I will not say I think one makes more accurate ammo than the other. I also had a RCBS turret it was good I was just simply wearing it out and it needed replaced. This took many thousands of rounds loaded not to say it doesn't still work but I was tired or replacing parts.

I have a Dillon 650 and a Rock Chucker. I'm just now getting back into reloading much after building a house and work stuff that kept me away. I'm debating swapping out the Rock Chucker for a Redding T7. I like the idea of leaving all my dies set up to save time. Which I never seem to have enough of. Am I going to loose anything accuracy/consistency wise using the turret? Not that I shoot well enough to probably tell but I'd rather blame that on me than wonder if it's my equipment. I'd like to think that the dies always being set the same vs minor inconsistencies from changing them out would help.
Unless you are really hard up for the space (or cash) I'd hold on to the Rock Chucker. I actually bought a second one at a yard sale. I have several shooting buddies that all got T7's at the same time, no body is complaining and all their ammo performs great. We don't have enough time on the T7's yet to tell how they will hold up under lots of use, but we know the Rock Chuckers will always work.

+1 for the Co-AX. Die swaps are a breeze. Set em once and they are gtg. Slide in slide out.

If ur like me, the rock chucker will end up with an almost permanent de-capping die and a trash can underneath to catch 'em.

Creedmoor Sports has a new manufactured head that is machined and has some pretty tight tolerances, not cast, but it's expensive.

Interesting. This might be a cheaper alternative to a Zero press.

I thought so too. It's pretty impressive. If I can find one of those T-7's I'm going to buy it and then get this head. I only shoot a few calibers and don't need a Dillion (but would take it if it was given to me:) so this might be the next best thing.