T/C Venture 30-06

Waynard

Hi guys, just picked up one of these T/C Ventures in 30-06, 24 inch barrel with 5 R rifling. Question is, does anybody have one of these and what is 5 R rifling?

I have one in 30-06 and i take it to 1000 yards regularly. 5R rifling is a just a different type of rifling design that has angled lands instead of the typical lands that are right angles, plus the land are not directly across from each other, so less bullet deformity. I have several factory rifles and i have not felt a nicer factory trigger. I can get half inch groups at 250 yards with handloads.

My son has one in 7mm-08 And my nephew has one in 7mm RM. They seem to be well built and are very accurate.

I have one in 30/06 also. With handloads (55.0 IMR-4350 and Barnes 168 TTSX), it shoots a half in group at 100 and an inch group at 200. It is my deer rifle, and my Elk back-up if my Weatherby .340 ever fails.

Thanks guys for the info.,soon as the weather cools down a bit I have some loads that shoot well in my other 30/06s that I want to try and of course I'll start low and work each load up.

The Venture line is very underrated line but they are quite the shooter, lots of bang for your buck.

I helped four guys in my squadron set -up their rifles, two .300 WM, one .270 Win, and a .308 and all of them are well under 1 MOA at 200 yards with cheap factory ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.