T/C Encore 20" bbl

Varmint Hunter

Just for laughs I bought a 20" 500 S&W Katahdin barrel for my T/C Encore rifle. I'd like a properly fitting soft case for this unusually short rifle. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'll guarantee it was looking bout getting it or the 460 for bear hunting over hounds.

Measure it and look on Midway
With a scope this might work:

The rifle measures 34". A 35"-36" case would be good. The AR cases are too tall for my needs. The 20" T/C barrels have been around for many years so I'm guessing that someone makes a suitable case by now.

First, the recoil will surprise you I think since it weighs so little. It shot fantastic with Barnes 325 XPB's so you may want to look at them. I bet they would stomp a hog! I had an Encore with 24" barrel from MGM that shot great but I decided to sell since I really wasn't using it at all not because of recoil but had better rifle options from law changes. I did have a soft sided TC case that also had a sleeve for an extra barrel and I think it was around 42" (?) inside length but it was a really nice case. Not sure if they still make it but if still around it may work for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.