T-3 Lite Tikka 270WSM How are they?

Freebore

I don't know much about these rifles and don't see alot of write up on their web site. I don't know of anybody owning one. Looking for feedback on accuracy performance and any other info that folks have on these rifles. How the action design? Is it good for building a custom? Thanks in advance!

I purchased a 300wsm Tikka T3 lite stainless synthetic left hand last year and shot around 350 rds through it so far. I am getting good results with it - around .5 MOA out to 200 yards and ALL groups of my best load under .75 MOA. (probably about 2/3 of them at .5MOA and I'm definatly not ruling out operator error.) I love the rifle, smooth action, very good crisp trigger. plastic clip however :(

I cant comment on the ability to build it custom cuz I just don't know. For the price, you can't beat it with a stick!!! I bought a savage 22-250 and I am disapointed in it - wished I would have spent another 150 and got the Tikka. I have recomended the Tikka to many people.

I would however consider the 7mm WSM for the simple fact of better bullet selection -- just a thought.

I have two of them.

Both shoot very well with factory ammo. One shoots 1/2 moa and the other 1/4 with remington 150 grain accutips. Like britz said, the actions are very smooth and triggers are great. I also have a tikka .308 varmint. I really like it too. Again like britz said, for the price, you can't beat them.

If you're left handed, there are some very good deals on gunbroker.com right now.

Last edited:
I have a freind who has the same rifle and he loves it. It shoots about .4 MOA with 130 gr TSX's. Smooth action and good crisp trigger.

As far as using it for a custom, the actions do have some plastic internal parts and not sure how much of an issue that is. A gun smith would know better.

I have two in 7mm RM. One shoots a little better than the other. Both under .75 moa and the better of the two under .5 moa with my best load. Light, low cost, with a great trigger pull straight out of the box. The actions are smooth as silk. I like mine and have no complaints. A lot of gun for the money.

I have two - a 270 wsm and a 22-250

They both shoot like the others here have stated. My hunting partner has a 270 win and it shoots just as good.

I did a fair amount of reading on them before buying my first and just about everyone says the same thing, GOOD SHOOTERS.

Don't know about building from the action. Unless you want something they don't make and unless you need to shoot less than .5 MOA just spend the $500 or so and get your self a great shooter.

BTW that new Barns tipped bullet shoots very good behind R19 in my WSM.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.