switching to hunting bullet for 6.5 saum, input welcome

rockwind

deserty portion of the SW portion of Merica
need hunting bullet input. 24" proof .120 freebore 1:9 barrel on my saum. been using 150 smk's that work darn good but i am switching to a more dedicated hunting bullet, the current contenders are the 143 eld x, the 142 accubond LR, and of course the bergers has the 140 vld or elite. unless i am missing something, not too many other good choices. would appreciate reasonable advice based on recent experience. i want as heavy a bullet as accurately possible, i lean towards the bergers because bryan litz recommends them. however, the accubond have a great history for a hunting bullet and the hornady's, well,,,, after using hornady brass,,,,my impression of things hornady is not positive but i know lots of folks like the eld's thanks in advance

Could look into Matrix bullets if you want something heavier. They make up to a 160 gr. VLD. The 150's shot very good out of my 6.5 Sherman. 160's were not bad but the 150's were better.

You mentioned two noslers bullets...they are not alike...
The LRAB(LONGRANGE ACCUBOND) is much thinner in the front than the standard Accubond...also i believe the body of the acc to be heavier...
And i believe the frontal portion of the LRAB is made softer than the acc...
I have only one elk to have the experience with..but that lrab left a .5" chunk of the boattail in the elk....sure it killed the elk...but fragments were allover the place....that was 570 yards....accubonds have proven they stay together much better....

std accubond is what I settled on, I found 143ELD-X were too explodey and wrecked / wasted too much meat however a lot of you guys seem to like that

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.