Switching an ADL to BDL

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by winmagman, Jun 1, 2004.

1. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

Can the 700 ADL action be used in a BDL stock? I have the bottom metal, mag., mag spring, and follower for the BDL also the stock on the way. I've been looking for a reasonable BDL at the local gun shops but mostly find the ADLs, just wondering if the actions themselves are interchangable? (assuming same action length and boltface)
    Thanks in advance
    Chris

2. preacherman

preacherman Well-Known Member

...no difference in the adl & bdl actions themselves... of course, as you mentioned, the stock and bottom metal are different...

3. lead foot

lead foot Active Member

Correct, the actions are the same.

To make the conversion, you'll need a different magazine box. The ADLs I've done this on had a slightly taller box so the floor plate won't quite match up to the stock, and of course you need the floorplate/trigger guard assembly. The follower is the same, or at least I've been able to use ADL followers in the BDL. Usually I can use the mag spring as well.

Brownells sells parts conversion kits but these have some extra stuff I didn't need. I generally just call the Remington service department and give them parts numbers I got off their web site.

G' luck!

4. trader388

trader388 Well-Known Member

ADL's are cheap on gunbroker.com

[ 06-02-2004: Message edited by: trader388 ]

5. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

Thanks again guys.
    I thought they were the same but figured I'd check here before I got something home that didn't quite fit.
    Chris