Switching an ADL to BDL

winmagman

Can the 700 ADL action be used in a BDL stock? I have the bottom metal, mag., mag spring, and follower for the BDL also the stock on the way. I've been looking for a reasonable BDL at the local gun shops but mostly find the ADLs, just wondering if the actions themselves are interchangable? (assuming same action length and boltface)
Thanks in advance
Chris

Correct, the actions are the same.

To make the conversion, you'll need a different magazine box. The ADLs I've done this on had a slightly taller box so the floor plate won't quite match up to the stock, and of course you need the floorplate/trigger guard assembly. The follower is the same, or at least I've been able to use ADL followers in the BDL. Usually I can use the mag spring as well.

Brownells sells parts conversion kits but these have some extra stuff I didn't need. I generally just call the Remington service department and give them parts numbers I got off their web site.

G' luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.