switch barrel savage

G'Day Fella's,

Johnler, a switch barrel gun is just that!
It is a Bolt Action rifle that has been set up with a series of barrels that can be screwed out and another screwed back in as you feel the need.
I have a Remington 700 bolt action that was trued to benchrest standards, and I have a couple of barrels that I swap depending on what I'm shooting at.

Mate, I'm a bit rusty on AR's but if I remember correctly, the barrel retaining nut on these rifle holds and clamps the barrel extension in place in the upper receiver. So as long as you have cartridges that use the same bolt head (.223, .300 Whisper and others), you should be able to swap and change at will! Just remember to remove the Gas Tube!!!

I'm sure someone will shortly respond and confirm this, one way or another but I hope that helps some amount!

Doh!
Homer

You can pretty much remove and replace the barrel on most any rifle, Savage, Rem, Win, AR...

Switch Barrel implies that it's relatively easy for the average guy to do so safely and reliably. ..often without any special tools.

Where the debate usually arrises is with respect to how brainless/effortless the process is for a given rifle vs any degredation to accuracy/precision and return to zero for your scope (POA/POI).

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.