Swift suroccos in gel

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by fmsniper, Apr 23, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. 17Tactical

17Tactical Well-Known Member

Great stuff. Thanks

2. McRem45

McRem45 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the testing. Keep it coming!

3. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

entoptics is right about the 300 yard pass through, he even says so when showing the jell block.
    The only thing I see wrong with the video is they didn’t spell the word “wel!” very well.:D
    Butt who am I to says anything, if it weren’t for spellcheck and autoconnect than I wood appeer mentity retorded.:eek:

I like the videos.

4. jmcmath

jmcmath Well-Known Member

upload_2019-4-24_10-27-23.png
    Perhaps I am missing it but it seems Swift never really implied the scirocco was the appropriate bullet for 1600fps entry velocity.

CVCOBRA1, RockyMtnMT and adam32 like this.
  5. WildBillG

WildBillG Well-Known Member

Now there is a good post jmcmath. Why not do what the cimpany advertises their bullets will do. It looks like maybe 2300fps is their lowest safe expansion velocity. Depending on the cartridge max range will change.

Hearties likes this.
  6. Aldon

Aldon Well-Known Member

I like the bullet but have not been able to get it to the accuracy I would like in 3 different rifles so far. A 6.5 swede, 6.5-06 and a 6.5-06AI.

7. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Company advertising and marketing is all over the board for accuracy, testing on inanimate media first gives us valuable Data before going to game. Some of the most lethal bullets out there are not recommended for game, sure glad someone gives things a go to verify reality from marketing!!

Frog4aday, slv hunter, djm670 and 2 others like this.
  8. catamountsierra

catamountsierra Well-Known Member

My understanding has always been around 1800fps minimum for most hunting bullets, with some of the softer ones still opening at lower velocities (the ABLR is supposedly capable of opening at 1300, but I think I would still keep them above 1600). My limited experience tends to indicate that bonded bullets like the Scirocco and the Accubond tend to require an impact speed higher than the more standard cup and core bullets but still lower than many of the monometal type bullets. I am not surprised at all by their test results with a bonded bullet.

Hearties and Longshotjames like this.
  9. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

One thing for sore, Swift pills ain't cheap.

10. CO_Guy

CO_Guy Well-Known Member

Excellent info for sure, even is a bit subjective. IMO, subjective since it is only a soft tissue test and it also discounts what I've found to be a bullet that can be loaded with extremely accurate results, I think due to its unique construction of being heavily cladded and narrow cored. Great placement kills very well and if this bullets hits any bone, the test results matter little. Maybe more critically for smaller calibers on elk.

11. fmsniper

fmsniper Well-Known Member

Yes i seen that but was to lazy to go back and re do it i figure wel! Is close enough

12. fmsniper

fmsniper Well-Known Member

Never said they did it was a comparison to other cup and core bullets.

13. jmcmath

jmcmath Well-Known Member

Gotcha, when you said they should open at 1600 I took that as they were designed/advertised to do that, I understand what you meant now.

14. Plinker147

Plinker147 Well-Known Member

Great test, Thanks for doing these and sharing.

I shot a whitetail with 130 Siroccos out of a 6.5-06 at 3000 fps at 650 yards and the bullet performed just as it did in there test. Killed the deer, bullet went in and out and didn't leave much for a wound channel.