Swift Scirocco SII VLD or Standard seater

13point

Thinking about getting a Redding Micrometer seater and I was wondering if the SII Scirocco would use the VLD or Standard seater? This would be the 150 gr. 7mm bullet.

Thanks

The standard seater will work fine. I called Redding Friday regarding the use of standard seating stems in a 270 WSM with BVLD. They explained the standard die is fine but will leave a small ring around the bullet when seating which does not affect accuracy. They suggested checking nonconcetricity which I did and was fine. Kudos to Redding for excellent honest service!

Thanks Guys. I like Redding Reloading also. I was out playing around with my 7mm-08 again yesterday in the 90° heat. I thought I would try some IMR 4007 ssc powder (not much info on it). I just got my chrono. I was pushing the 150 SII 2840 fps using Norma brass and br4 primers without any signs of trouble. It was so hot I was having trouble seeing so my groups were around the 1 1/4" range. If I can do a little better under better conditions this will be a very nice hunting load. I was shocked at the speed. I was getting around 2700 with Varget, not as accurate as the 4007. My goal is to find a fast powder combo with the 150 SII for hunting. Expensive but fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.