SWIFT CREEK OUTFITTERS (WY)?

I've talked with this outfitter, seems like a top notch operation. However I was puzzled when he told me I have to bring a 30 Magnum or bigger! I asked what about a 30/06 he laughed at that like I was asking to bring my daisy Red Ryder

Please listen to good advice, these guys have been doing this for 32 years and know how to put you on quality ELK. Their approach is to shoot large caliber guns to ensure a humane kill and you retrieve your animal. If they can't find your wounded ELK YOU ARE DONE HUNTINH!!!
Meaning you pack up and go home approx $6000 light with no elk.
Trust your outfitter and advice. My 7X7 bull in my profile picture and monster 6X6 bull i see every day on the wall is because of BJ Hill and the crew at SCO.
I don't know what else to say.

Please listen to good advice, these guys have been doing this for 32 years and know how to put you on quality ELK. Their approach is to shoot large caliber guns to ensure a humane kill and you retrieve your animal. If they can't find your wounded ELK YOU ARE DONE HUNTINH!!!
Meaning you pack up and go home approx $6000 light with no elk.
Trust your outfitter and advice. My 7X7 bull in my profile picture and monster 6X6 bull i see every day on the wall is because of BJ Hill and the crew at SCO.
I don't know what else to say.

Awesome bull in your avatar. What caliber were you using??

My friend and I have hunted with them twice (2016 & 2019) and am booked again for 2022. We both killed bulls each time and had great experiences. Everyone in camp both times either killed bulls, missed, or passed on opportunity. Give BJ a call.
Was this a rifle hunt? My buddy and i are headed to SCO this fall (2021) for a pack in archery hunt, would love some insight from anyone whos archery hunted with them.

Both of our hunts were rifle hunts. They are a great outfit. They know the country and elk very well. Show up in good shape and have a great experience. I'm booked back for 2022.