swfa super sniper

beakus33

i just got this scope a few weeks ago (10x44) and have yet to sight it in,from all i could find on it (before i found this web site) it seemed to have good reviews for the money does anybody have any experances with them. right know i cant squeeze a grand for a scope. a)i dont get to shoot that much. b)the longest i can find to shoot around here is 600 yrds. c) i dont have a gun worthy of one (yet). im thinking if it ends up being not all its cracked up to be it can go on my AR as my hog gun.

The SWFA Super Sniper scopes are 'good' scopes. It will do everything you want it to do for longrange shooting. As you gain more experience and see other scopes, you will begin to see that there are some additional features you will want.

I own three of them, two 10X;s and a 16X and I swear by them. These are the best kept secret in long range shooting. The glass isn't on par with a 2k scope but they are durable and repeatable as anything else out there. I was reluctant to buy but am glad I did. You won't be disapointed.

Thanks guys, my only other guestion on it was what power to get,i went with the 10x first thinking iy could go on the ar if i liked it for hogs and dogs, then get a 16x or 20x fot the 300winnie, wich power would you suggest?

The fixed higher power scopes are going to have a weak "Exit Pupil" so at dusk they are not going to perform as well as a variable scope. The fixed higher powers also have a narrow field of view vs. the variables. Not that the variables have either of these, small Exit Pupil and small field of view. The variables have a larger exit pupil and a larger field of view in the lower powers.

If these issues do not bother you nor will they effect you hunting, I would say either the the 16x or the 20x would be just fine.

Well, I have to agree with what has already been said. I have other "high end" scopes but I also have a super sniper in a 10 and one in 16 which is on a 300 ultra.
They are an amazing scope for the price. The glass obviously isn't on par with the more expensive stuff out there but it holds its zero and repeatability.

Randy

I have a 10x super sniper that I have around 3000 rounds under. I is flawless as far as tracking and repeatablity. The opitics are good. I have also looked through a 20x and thought it was not so good. It had way more haze then mine at 600 yards. I have had mine to 800 yards on my 308. I have used it in rain, snow, and conditions of very low visability. For the money there really is not a better scope. I also just ordered a 5-20.

Ray

I have a 10X on my 300 win mag and a 16X on a 7 mag. I would suggest the 10X as the 16 shows more mirage and the paralax is more crucial. I used my 10X to kill an elk at 725 last year and it performe well on long range targets also. If you are hunting the 10X is the way to go.

I have the basic 10 power and the 3-9. My vote is for the 3-9. The glass is quite a bit better, it is better suited to hunting with the option of a lower magnification setting, and most importantly the mil-quad reticle matches the mil based turrets. The basic (non-HD) 10 power has a mil based mil-dot reticle with moa based turrets.

I have shot the 3-9 out to 820 yards without difficulty. I would have no problem shooting it out to 1100 yards on > moa targets.

I also have a Zeiss Hensoldt 4-16x56 scope and appreciate the qualities of premium glass. However, the SS 3-9 is really an amazing scope for the price!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.