SWFA SS quality?

Snowfighter

Hey all,
Considering some new glass for my long range rifle.
I am strongly considering one of the SWFA products. I would like to hear what is known about the quality of these optics, and how they compare with other better known to me products such as Nightforce and Vortex.
Thanks.

SWFA SS good optics and durable scopes as are Vortex products. Both with excellent customer service. SS line is great value for the price. Have been used for prolonged periods on 50 cal weapons without problems. As with most things you get what you pay for, especially with optics depending on features you want-FFP, mil/mil, MOA/MOA, HS turrets and zero stop, etc. Bushnell also has some great choices in the same price range as does Leupold. Nightforce a little pricier, but also reliable. The problem is it is impossible to find a store with examples of each for good comparison. If new to LR precision shooting, would suggest cheaper, but adequate scope for your uses and get out and start shooting a lot and you'll soon find what your specific shooting requires. For most LR scopes you will need a 20-30 MOA canted mount. Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.