SWFA 5-20 HD focus adjustment

300 Win Mag

An embarassingly simple question, but I would rather be sure and not force it -to how and what do I unlock on this scope to adjust focus? Thanks.

after you unscrew the locking ring you should be able to adjust the focus similarly to any other scope. Just unscrew the locking ring near the eyepiece.

Scot E.

We're tracking on that, how do I physically go about it though? Just grab the little ring in the middle and twist? Clockwise or counter clockwise if holding the scope from the rear?

If it simply threads out, it is quite snug.

Added - it was very snug, but looking at it I decided it needed be counter clockwise relative to the objective and got it out. Simple process. Thanks for the reply.

I have the 3-9 but I think they are the same for all of them. From the rear it is counter clockwise. They can come really tight from the factory. you may need to just grab the eyepiece and rotate it just a bit which will free the lock ring enough to turn. The lock ring is located on the same threads as the eyepiece so it is simply a matter of loosing the lock ring CCW toward the power ring, setting the focus, then tightening it back up.

Scot E.

Thanks again Scott. It was VERY tight, to the point I was under the impression when I unboxed the scope that it was actually a non moving part.

ya, mine was that way too.

Did you get illuminated? Did you get the new milquad reticle? I really like mine and the 5-20 is even nicer with the hollow quads. In my mind they are about as good as anything out there if you don't mind missing out on a couple bells and whistles like zero stops. But build quality, durability, clarity/brightness, and repeatability is off the charts, especially when the price is factored in.

Scot E.

It is illuminated and mil/mil with the milquad reticle. It is a very very nice scope. I got it for a Rem 700 5R 300 Mag I'm hoping to push out past 1,000 in conjunction with a Zeiss LRF. Is my first true long range weapon.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.