Sweet Revenge

Augustus

Looks like the good folks in Colorado gave a well deserved thrashing to two Senators who decided to trample all over their Constitutional rights. These two lost a re-call election due to their involvement in passing the recent gun legislation.

Why stop with these two losers and re-call all of the Commefornia transplants.

Yup, its a really good start. There are a bunch more to go including the squatter at the whitehouse. Oh wait, he probably isn't there. More likely at the golf course.................

Randy

Glad I was able to donate to the recall effort. Most of the political hacks didn't think it would work. The good thing is, if you troll some of the liberal forums, you will see comments like "can be stop pushing gun control and get on with what's really important to us...".

I was surprised that Giron lost as badly as she did, her district is heavily democratic. Morse is a complete tool so I thought he would get knocked off - I sent them both a nice note offering them some moving boxes I have in my basement.

In 2014, a bunch of those guys are going to get tossed - Mclanahan is toast for sure.

Glad I was able to donate to the recall effort. Most of the political hacks didn't think it would work. The good thing is, if you troll some of the liberal forums, you will see comments like "can be stop pushing gun control and get on with what's really important to us...".

I was surprised that Giron lost as badly as she did, her district is heavily democratic. Morse is a complete tool so I thought he would get knocked off - I sent them both a nice note offering them some moving boxes I have in my basement.

In 2014, a bunch of those guys are going to get tossed - Mclanahan is toast for sure.

If you guys clear out everybody west of the front range, my wife and I would re-consider our decision to not move to Colorado because of the marxist government.

By the way, I hope you and yours aren't being affected by the storms and flooding. The poor excuse of a govenor Hickeblooper and his forestry folks have allowed almost all of the cover on the front range to burn off, so now you're going to flood. Stay safe by brother.

DocB

I sense a shift in the winds. I think conservatives and libertarians may unite and give the progressives a good ole country *** kicking in 2014. This may include a bunch of the Republican Progressives.

Thanks for the thought. The flooding is really bad around here. All of the creeks and rivers in Boulder/Longmont/Lyons are at flowing 15-20 feet above normal. The canyons have all be evacuated, and there are some people stuck in trees 20 feet up. We have left hand creek nearby and it is epic right now. The roads out may become impassable later today.

Must resist urge to stay home and drink beer - weakening.

The young Libertarian "kids" have been a tremendous pleasant surprise. They kind of snuck on my radar. I think the major 2 parties may have trouble if they can't figure things out.

Thanks for the thought. The flooding is really bad around here. All of the creeks and rivers in Boulder/Longmont/Lyons are at flowing 15-20 feet above normal. The canyons have all be evacuated, and there are some people stuck in trees 20 feet up. We have left hand creek nearby and it is epic right now. The roads out may become impassable later today.

Must resist urge to stay home and drink beer - weakening.

How you doing buddy??

I pray all is well with you and yours. The prayers and thoughts of the Burnetts are with you.

Best wishes and prayers,

Kay and Bruce.

DocB

The young Libertarian "kids" have been a tremendous pleasant surprise. They kind of snuck on my radar. I think the major 2 parties may have trouble if they can't figure things out.

I absolutely agree.

These Libertarians seem to have a lot of moxie, chutzpah, gumption, and just plain 'BALLS'!!

I an quite frustrated with the Republican party in it's present state. McCain is going south, Cruz, J.Bush and that idiot in New Jersey are taking the party in every which direction with absolutely no clear 'direction'!

Americans seem to have forgotten, or just plain don't care, about what we used to call the 'American Way'. Now it's all about 'me'. Raise a fuss, find a scandal, make some powder puff threats, cut a deal, roll over like a fat puppy.

I'm frustrated beyond belief. It's infuriating here in Afghanistan.

I write my congressman weekly, I gave up on my senators.. they're democrats and want to be the next 'great white hope' for president.

Everyone needs to lean forward in the saddle and start bringing it to your representatives!! Kudos to you folks in Colorado that succeeded with the recall vote. That was some awesome work there. I'm proud of you guys. Keep at it!

You folks in Northern California, Northern Colorado, Western Maryland should all get together and get a game plan together and present an combined, coherent, bombproof plan for secession. Perhaps a proposal to join an adjacent state upon secession would help your cause. Northern California could join up with Oregon, Norther Colorado would do well with either Wyoming or South Dakota, and I personally believe you western Marylanders could do well with Virginia.

Just my thoughts and frustrations to share with my brothers.

I'm leaning towards Libertarian, let's see how things go.

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

DocB

The seats of power are now filled with career politicians and bureaucrats. Many of them have been sucking off the people for generations. They will secure niches for the generation that will replace them.

These folks have gotten used to sucking fat and like it a lot. The folks in politics, media, and Hollywood are all friends, kinfolks and intermarried. They have truly become the ruling class. Our system of government has become one giant Oligarchy.

Sadly this will not change until the system begins to collapse and pain becomes so prevalent that there are massive uprisings. At this point the uprisings will be slammed down hard and all individual liberties will be suspended or the people will prevail. In the unlikely event that the people prevails, one can expect years if not decades of chaos as we wander from one regime to the next until one consolidates it's power enough to become stable.

Buckle up folks we are in for a rough ride. The Fed has decided to continue printing money to the tune of 85 billion dollars a month. This is around one trillion dollars per year in addition to the 1.1 trillion dollar deficit projected this yr. So, we are borrowing around 2 trillion dollars per year. Most of the trillion dollars coming from QE is being funneled through the banks into bonds and ultimately the stock market. This has artificially pumped the stock market up similar to the housing bubble that burst.

At some point the funny money fiasco will have to stop. Opinions vary as to what will happen when the water shuts off. Most believe there will be a major adjustment in the stock market and savings will have been degraded through inflation. Many are turning to precious metals for protection. This strategy may give temporary protection but will also fail in the end. The government will confiscate everyone's gold and silver just as FDR did in the thirties. Don't worry, you will be reimbursed with worthless dollars fresh of the press.

So folks, I said all that to say this. It wouldn't hurt to start thinking about what you are going to do if things fall apart. Your portfolio is going to be the least of your worries. You are going to need water, food, shelter and a place to **** that won't cause disease to spread.

The seats of power are now filled with career politicians and bureaucrats. Many of them have been sucking off the people for generations. They will secure niches for the generation that will replace them.

These folks have gotten used to sucking fat and like it a lot. The folks in politics, media, and Hollywood are all friends, kinfolks and intermarried. They have truly become the ruling class. Our system of government has become one giant Oligarchy.

Sadly this will not change until the system begins to collapse and pain becomes so prevalent that there are massive uprisings. At this point the uprisings will be slammed down hard and all individual liberties will be suspended or the people will prevail. In the unlikely event that the people prevails, one can expect years if not decades of chaos as we wander from one regime to the next until one consolidates it's power enough to become stable.

Buckle up folks we are in for a rough ride. The Fed has decided to continue printing money to the tune of 85 billion dollars a month. This is around one trillion dollars per year in addition to the 1.1 trillion dollar deficit projected this yr. So, we are borrowing around 2 trillion dollars per year. Most of the trillion dollars coming from QE is being funneled through the banks into bonds and ultimately the stock market. This has artificially pumped the stock market up similar to the housing bubble that burst.

At some point the funny money fiasco will have to stop. Opinions vary as to what will happen when the water shuts off. Most believe there will be a major adjustment in the stock market and savings will have been degraded through inflation. Many are turning to precious metals for protection. This strategy may give temporary protection but will also fail in the end. The government will confiscate everyone's gold and silver just as FDR did in the thirties. Don't worry, you will be reimbursed with worthless dollars fresh of the press.

So folks, I said all that to say this. It wouldn't hurt to start thinking about what you are going to do if things fall apart. Your portfolio is going to be the least of your worries. You are going to need water, food, shelter and a place to **** that won't cause disease to spread.

YEP!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.