Swarovski, Zeiss, Leupold, or Meopta?

I varied the magnification from about 3-8.
If the VX-6 was brighter than the EL bino, I think it was mainly due to the larger exit pupil. The VX-6 exit pupil was >6.2 mm, whereas the 8.5X EL exit pupil was 4.9 mm. Even if the glass and coatings were nearly the same, the VX-6 would have been at least 25% brighter. That assumes you are under 60 years old and your eyes were dark adapted.

I had a similar experience with my VX-6. It blew away one of my other scopes that is very good in low light. I have Swarovski that is suppose to be here in a week or so and will compare it side by side with my Leupold.

Congrats on the new scope. I look forward to the comparison. What were the other scopes that you compared the VX-6 in your previous comparisons?

I have not looked at another Leup in years since the glass on them started being hit & miss some years back on their top of the line scopes.

The Zeiss Conquest & later HD5's as of right now to me are the best low light glass in their price range - I have a Z5 5-25 I cannot tell the difference at low mag in low light trying to look over a rack here in Pa & NY - I can sit in my living room resting rifle on back of couch and switch back and forth rifles looking across my fields.

I am not familiar with the other scopes mentioned the Zeiss is truely a nice glass & customer service is top rate - the swaro glass should be as good but they are a tad bit more cost wise.

My son & I hunted together his conquest 6.5-20 was as clear as my 5-25 HD5 out in the field when the deer are being pushed down through my property by the other hopeful landowners with their $99 scopes - we have a point rule here, besides we don't hunt for meat so we want pick of the litter, low light good glass makes a huge diff. every year.

The illuminated reticle is a personal thing, i never was impressed with any I looked at, seems to me they detract when its very low light, again that may just my eyes, if i can say I am going to take him, I can see the rack well enough to see the crosshairs.

Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.