Swarovski, Zeiss, Leupold, or Meopta?

bruce_ventura

I varied the magnification from about 3-8.
If the VX-6 was brighter than the EL bino, I think it was mainly due to the larger exit pupil. The VX-6 exit pupil was >6.2 mm, whereas the 8.5X EL exit pupil was 4.9 mm. Even if the glass and coatings were nearly the same, the VX-6 would have been at least 25% brighter. That assumes you are under 60 years old and your eyes were dark adapted.

pinhead78

I had a similar experience with my VX-6. It blew away one of my other scopes that is very good in low light. I have Swarovski that is suppose to be here in a week or so and will compare it side by side with my Leupold.

Congrats on the new scope. I look forward to the comparison. What were the other scopes that you compared the VX-6 in your previous comparisons?

ANARCHIST

I have not looked at another Leup in years since the glass on them started being hit & miss some years back on their top of the line scopes.

The Zeiss Conquest & later HD5's as of right now to me are the best low light glass in their price range - I have a Z5 5-25 I cannot tell the difference at low mag in low light trying to look over a rack here in Pa & NY - I can sit in my living room resting rifle on back of couch and switch back and forth rifles looking across my fields.

I am not familiar with the other scopes mentioned the Zeiss is truely a nice glass & customer service is top rate - the swaro glass should be as good but they are a tad bit more cost wise.

My son & I hunted together his conquest 6.5-20 was as clear as my 5-25 HD5 out in the field when the deer are being pushed down through my property by the other hopeful landowners with their $99 scopes - we have a point rule here, besides we don't hunt for meat so we want pick of the litter, low light good glass makes a huge diff. every year.

The illuminated reticle is a personal thing, i never was impressed with any I looked at, seems to me they detract when its very low light, again that may just my eyes, if i can say I am going to take him, I can see the rack well enough to see the crosshairs.

Good Luck