Swarovski Z8 turrets?

tdot

I'm thinking about upgrading my hunting scope to a Swaro Z8i 1-8 x 24. However, I'd like the option of running it out to 600-700 yards max, and I dont like doing this with the reticles. 99% of the shots would be sub 500.

I have a z3 on a woods gun, it's a fantastic little scope but the turrets are for setting zero and that's it. I've heard nothing better about the Ballistic turrets on the Z3, z5 or z6.

I haven't been able to find any decent reviews or actual testing on the repeatability and accuracy of the new BTF (Ballistic Turret Flex) system. Are these legitimate turrets or are they as shoddy as the BT on the lower Z models?

Also curious about the windage turret. Can the scope be adjusted for windage without a 2nd BTF turret on the windage?

Anyone have thoughts on the 1-8 vs 1.7-13.3 for hunting? I have a higher magnification scope for punching paper.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.