Swarovski z6i vs nightforce atacr for hunting

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by TJ_1985, Sep 19, 2018.

1. TJ_1985

TJ_1985 Active Member LRH Team Member

Took the 3-18x56z6i and the 5-25x56 atacr hunting tonight. There isn’t a lot of difference in the two clarity wise, however the z6i is noticeably better at last light at picking out deer. So for hunting I have to give the z6i the win for everything else I would go with the atacr. Would love to have some feedback from anyone that has the z6i vs the new z8i or x5 on clarity at last light.

2. Xtremetj

Xtremetj Well-Known Member

Following. Need one of the two on my 6.5 SAUM.

3. Excavator

Excavator Well-Known Member

I can’t say enough about the z8i. I now have 2 of them and my brother has also bought 2 as well. However a buddy we hunt with uses the z6. From what our local dealer told us is the glass is the same. I like the turret a lot better on the z8i. I want to say from what I was told. If you go with the z6 with illumination it is not much more to switch to the z8i. I run nsx 5.5-22 on my target/steel guns. But they do not compare to the z8i in low light. Honestly you could identify a specific buck well after legal shooting light with the Swarovski. Also the Illumination on the z8i is incredible, how low you can turn it down.

4. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

He is not asking about the 5.5 - 22 NXS...he is asking about the ATACR. BIG difference.