Swarovski Z6i 5-30 x 50 BT L - not enough verticle adjustment to zero at 50 yards?

Does your scope have tactical turrets and a rings or lines that show you the revolutions you make?

My scope is set up like this picture:
20190529_143135-jpg.135848

Put your scope back together just as an exercise. Look at your target and ignore the up and down arrows on the turret. Look thru the scope and make your correction watching the reticle. Up thru a scope moves the reticle DOWN to raise the barrel to poi. DOWN while looking thru the reticle moves the reticle UP. SOUNDS LIKE you are bottomed out .If you can't correct it this way then my best guess is your Zero stop was factory set to high. Instructions book should tell you how to change the zero stop. My Burris XTR11 5X25 comes factory set with no down adj. and instructions on how to adjust it. What Burris was trying to do is give us All up! All the older scopes were set with equal vertical up/ down. So if you bought a 40 MOA scope you had 20 MOA both directions which ultimately used up distance.

Sorry one more thing...in seeing your scope cap you have green,yellow and red dots... I believe those pop out when you complete a full revolution....put the cap back on with the yellow button on zero and tighten it back up. You should now be able to dial both directions. Zero your gun and reset the green dot on zero

I like that thought process, I am pretty sure that it is bottomed out. I will try this when I get a chance later this evening and verify it in the way you described. I'll report back when I can confirm. Thanks for the suggestion!

I like that thought process, I am pretty sure that it is bottomed out. I will try this when I get a chance later this evening and verify it in the way you described. I'll report back when I can confirm. Thanks for the suggestion!
I would also go to medium rings... I shoot the Mark V accumark 300...love it to death! Good luck

Put your scope back together just as an exercise. Look at your target and ignore the up and down arrows on the turret. Look thru the scope and make your correction watching the reticle. Up thru a scope moves the reticle DOWN to raise the barrel to poi. DOWN while looking thru the reticle moves the reticle UP. SOUNDS LIKE you are bottomed out .If you can't correct it this way then my best guess is your Zero stop was factory set to high. Instructions book should tell you how to change the zero stop. My Burris XTR11 5X25 comes factory set with no down adj. and instructions on how to adjust it. What Burris was trying to do is give us All up! All the older scopes were set with equal vertical up/ down. So if you bought a 40 MOA scope you had 20 MOA both directions which ultimately used up distance.

skipglo,

you beat me to the reply. On your last note you mentioned the colored dot popping out to verify a complete revolution. They do not pop out, they are there to be set as indicators for a preset yardage zero, like green for 100 yards, the set the yellow for 200 yards, and red for 300 yards and so on. You get the number of clicks from Swarovski's on line BT app.

skipglo,

you beat me to the reply. On your last note you mentioned the colored dot popping out to verify a complete revolution. They do not pop out, they are there to be set as indicators for a preset yardage zero, like green for 100 yards, the set the yellow for 200 yards, and red for 300 yards and so on. You get the number of clicks from Swarovski's on line BT app.
Thanks..I was guessing....too many brands to know them all thought it was reasonable

You may want to check your base. I have had scopes that wouldn't zero because the base had too much adjustment in it. If it is a 20 MOA base make sure it needs it. On my more powerful scopes I have had to change to a 0 MOA base on a couple of rifles. If you can't get enough elevation out of a 0 MOA base then try a 20 MOA base.

just throwing this in but continue to turn the ring the way you are until it bottoms out. then turn it the other way counting the clicks. That's how much total elevation you have. Center it up and try again. I always put a 20 MOA on 308 and up. They do make a 40 MOA base.

Or just set the zerostop after you have zero your rifle ....
You must take of the first headcap to enter the zeroing ring... , then turn the zerostop-ring to lock and put back the headcap .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.