Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44 or Leupold Vx6HD 3-18x44

baarsscfd

Considering a new hunting scope. Torn between these two models Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44 BT 4W or Leupold Vx6HD 3-18x44 TMOA. I know the Z5i just came out but. what is everyones thoughts on them. Anyone had a Z5 and a vx6hd?

Ive had both, I thought the Leupold was nicer.

edit: obviously the non illuminated Z5

Have used and owned both (non-illum Z5) -- the glass on the Swaro is better. However, the 30mm tube, locking turrets, and more useful reticle all go to Leupold.

I have various Swaro Z5s non illuminated and many Leupolds. Most are BRH-X and BC type reticles. Like both makes equally for offsetting strengths. My primary hunting rifle has the Z5 3.5x18x44 BRX on it. Where I hunt you don't have time to twist turrets. All of my BT style scopes for LR shooting and the odd trip where I can use a BT turret I buy Nightforce. You can't beat NF for repeatable adjustments.

From what I've read, the turrets on the Z5i are MOA but the reticle is MRAD. is that correct?

well, that rules out the Z5 for me then. Really surprising they can't (or won't) match up turrets to reticle.

well, that rules out the Z5 for me then. Really surprising they can't (or won't) match up turrets to reticle.

Actually I just double checked the site, and I was wrong above. I know hte Z5 is MOA for sure as I have used them. Got thinking it was odd the same reticle would be different on two scope models. The sustensions on the Z5 and the Z5i are both MOA. Must have read the conversion wrong earlier..

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.