Swarovski z5 or z6

kielwhite

looking at getting a swarovski z5 or z6. Probably won't be shooting past 500 yrds and having problem deciding if the z6 is worth the extra money thinking of 5-30. Or 3-18 thanks

Honestly I have zero experience with the Z6. Always liked the BRH reticle, which is basically a Mil reticle. Z5 has MOA turrets and Z6 is mil. Optically the Z6 is supposed to be an upgrade too.

Prices have come down on the secondary market too, which opens up the options a bit...

My only experience with a z6 was a 5-30X. A friend brought it over to do some low light testing. Its glass was not nearly as good as my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X. When he saw that he said, "I always thought that was not a good scope." I had four z5 5-25X. None has glass as good as my 6500. He sold his and I sold mine.

The interesting thing is the z5's were better than the z6.

I have the 3.5-18x44 z5 on my 25-06. I've taken groundhogs out to 475 yds. I tend not to care for scopes over 20x because of mirage issues.

I'd be hard pressed to spend the extra dollars for a Z6 when the Z5 does everything I've asked of it.

My only experience with a z6 was a 5-30X. A friend brought it over to do some low light testing. Its glass was not nearly as good as my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X. When he saw that he said, "I always thought that was not a good scope." I had four z5 5-25X. None has glass as good as my 6500. He sold his and I sold mine.

The interesting thing is the z5's were better than the z6.
Thanks I'll have to check those out

looking at getting a swarovski z5 or z6. Probably won't be shooting past 500 yrds and having problem deciding if the z6 is worth the extra money thinking of 5-30. Or 3-18 thanks
You'd have more glass than you could ever appreciate and an extra thousand or more in your pocket if you just picked up a VX6 HD in 3-18x50 with a TMOA or B&C Reticle illuminated model.

You'd have more glass than you could ever appreciate and an extra thousand or more in your pocket if you just picked up a VX6 HD in 3-18x50 with a TMOA or B&C Reticle illuminated model.
I have a vxl3 already only going off using a buddies z5 thought the swarovski was really good had a vortex viper pst 6-24 was worst money I spent

I have a vxl3 already only going off using a buddies z5 thought the swarovski was really good had a vortex viper pst 6-24 was worst money I spent
I have a pile of VX3's that I like but they aren't in the same league as the VX6's I've been replacing the others with.

I did a lot of side by side comparing of them with my buddies Swaro's in Africa, he's a dealer, and he's selling a lot more Leupold's now that the VX6 and the HD's are out.

It would be worth both your time and certainly your money to give them a serious look.

I have a pile of VX3's that I like but they aren't in the same league as the VX6's I've been replacing the others with.

I did a lot of side by side comparing of them with my buddies Swaro's in Africa, he's a dealer, and he's selling a lot more Leupold's now that the VX6 and the HD's are out.

It would be worth both your time and certainly your money to give them a serious look.
Yea I also like the leupold warranty that comes with it compAred to the swarovski warranty!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.