Swarovski Z3 or ballistic turret vs nightforce nxs

Threejs

Does anyone have any experience with a swaro Z3 or their ballistic turret? I'm trying to build a lighter weight rifle so I'm going to be limited to 5-600 yds. Against my better judgement I'm going to go to a lighter swaro or the NXS 2.5-10. Any other advice?

In a Swaro, I would go with the Z5 for the side focus/parallax adjust. Allows nice crisp view at all ranges. Also prefer the turret cap marked in IPHY by Outdoorsman's over the silver rings set for specific ranges at various shooting angles.
Can't comment on NXS as I have not handled one.

Check out my other post about light weight scope. I'm going through the same now. I also agree go to the z5. I had it between two scopes bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16 and the z5 3.5-18. I purchased both and am currently comparing both. Both are very light and low light seems great on both. Z5 with turrets only problem is the limited adjustment for elevation. When using the bt you are limited to one revolution of the turret so it really limits your range to roughly 500 yards depending on caliber. Glass seems better in the z5 so far but in low light where it really matters I have yet to be able to say one is better. I feel you will be extremely happy with either.

I have a Z3, Z5, and 2 NXS. It may depend on what type of hunting you do as to which one is more suitable to your needs. The Swarovski are around one pound while the NXS are two pounds. If you are looking to stay light weight go with the Swarovski. Either Swarovski will get you to 5-600 yards depending on caliber and elevation. The Z3 will give you 42 clicks of adjustments while the Z5 has 52 clicks. Z3 no side focus while the Z5 does have side focus. If you will be hunting in thicker woods where quick shots are more likely, you may want the Z3. More open and further shots with time to range, dial, and focus go with the Z5. Either way if hunting in low light situations, consider the 50MM and 52MM objective for better light transmission. Get the 4W reticle for wind adjustments and get a custom turret to match your ballistics.
I also find the parallax adjustment on the Swarovski more forgiving than on the NXS. It takes me more time to dial the NXS "just right" vs the Swarovski. I have found that if I am off a little bit it with the Swarovski it doesn't affect my shot as much as the NXS.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.