Swarovski Range finder read out delay?

188MULE

I have a swaro range finder and I'm unhappy with the amout of time it take for it to display the range reading after pushing the button. While trophy hunting with bow or rifle time is not always in your favor. The delay seems to be just under 3 seconds, the leica finders are very quick maybe 1second. I have also tried the bushnell rangeing bino's which were suprisingly nice and ranged quickly out to 1600 yards. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this issue with the swaro's. While bow hunting I'll hold the button until it goes to scan mode which is much faster when I'm in close mule deer hunting, but I shouldn't have to. Try yours out and count, let me know.

I was told it is because the laser works off of a capacitor that takes a few seconds to charge up. Mine will read very fast inside 200 yards or so. Hit the button once to turn it on then wait a few seconds then hit the button (not letting it go into scan mode). Then after u get a reading give it a few seconds n range again. Mine will usually pop up instantly. When the reticle is blinking that is the capacitor charging

If I am in close to a critter I'll start the scan mode before I expose myself to the animal it seems that while its scanning it is way faster. Why is the leica alot faster?
I'll go out side and try your suggestions.

just tried mine outside, after it turned on for some reason the first reading was slow and then after the first reading and waiting a few seconds the second reading popped right up. I dont believe the leica has a capacitor driven laser

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.