SWAROVSKI OPTIK Laser Guide 8x30 Range Finder Problems

woolecox

The problem I am having with this range finder is that when ranging (at any range) the circle and the range number gets very dim and is almost unusable. It's like the battery is dead but even after replacing with a fresh battery, the display is dim and fades in and out.

Seems to be right on as far as ranging goes but is very difficult to use, especially in bright sunlight. Anyone ever heard of this or had the same problem? I mean this thing cost a $G note! you would think it would be perfect.

Just thought I would throw it out here before contacting the company. I can't send it off until after hunting season anyway.

Thanks

Yep, the lighting in those things suck. I have one and you have to move your head around to get the right clarity on the numbers. I think they should use red or black, but it is what it is.

Tank

The problem I am having with this range finder is that when ranging (at any range) the circle and the range number gets very dim and is almost unusable. It's like the battery is dead but even after replacing with a fresh battery, the display is dim and fades in and out.

Seems to be right on as far as ranging goes but is very difficult to use, especially in bright sunlight. Anyone ever heard of this or had the same problem? I mean this thing cost a $G note! you would think it would be perfect.

Just thought I would throw it out here before contacting the company. I can't send it off until after hunting season anyway.

Thanks

Mine has problems with the battery moving in the compartment until it is not firmly in contact with the leads. Once I open the battery door and firmly seat the battery, it works fine for me. Having to do that while/before trying to take a shot at once-in-a-lifetime deer was less than enjoyable.

I used a friends Swaro last year to compare to my Leica 900 and a buddies
new Leica 1200 over wheat fields as I was wanting to upgrade. It ranged great, just couldn't see the numbers. Went with a new Leice 1600 for that reason.

Agree with above, move your head slightly and the number will jump out at you. I am used to doing this now and do not have a problem.

Agree with above, move your head slightly and the number will jump out at you. I am used to doing this now and do not have a problem.
I will try it! Looks like they all do it. It's seems almost like the laser is using all the power when you press the button.

All the swaros are like that. You have to have your eye lined up in exactly the right place. You will learn to find the sweet spot with use. Don't know why they are made like that. It seems like they make it a little easier. That said, until you step up to a Vectronix the swaro is still the best IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.