Swarovski LRF problem

G

I received my new rangefinder yesterday and the display is flickering back and forth from bright to dim. Has anyone experienced this with their Swarovski LRF? Going to send it back but wanted to see if anyone else had this happen.
Wayne aka WAMBO

Wayne,,

You say flickering back and forth , I have noticed that you have to hold the LSR at the proper angle to see the readout bright . If you move fom this place it will appear dim.Try looking through it from a steady rest , adjust till you see bright then move/change angle . This is more pronounced if you wear glasses. I have found that the more I use it the better I get at holding it at the proper place/angle.
Hope thgis helps , Jim

I have seen that so I asked Swaro and they said to install a fresh battery. Still happens to a degree in varying light, hopefully you will learn to live with it.

Thank you to everyone who replied.
I had the rangefinder all boxed up and ready to send it back. I was able to check this forum at work ( can't post though ) so I took it out of the box, went outside and just like you said if I kept my eye centered it was bright but if I moved it around it went dim.
You saved me much grief as I didn't have to send it back and get another that did the same thing.
Thanks again,
Wayne aka WAMBO

Guys how is this model holding up. I think this is year 1.5 for it.

Are they as accurate as the Leica 1200 or BRF lines?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.